Respected Contributor

i don't believe i have ever seen this.   i spotted the young woman right away, but it took me several minutes to find the older woman.  amazing.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had this in my Interior Design room to remind students to look for extreme detail in every picture.

Fun aren't they?

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I've seen this before and this time I first see the young woman.

then after looking for a minute or 2 the old one.

Shoekitty said   Me too, I see the young women first.  Had a hard time seeing the old woman first.  Man is she old.  Lol

Honored Contributor

I must be bassackwards because I see only the young lady. Hmm! I'll blame it on a gender thing. Easy, I'm joking.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

So, what does it mean when I couldn't define either for a minute  Even though I have seen that picture before?

I think this particuar picture has been cropped at the bottom and the back. 

Cuts off the old womans neck losing definition of her chin and the back cuts off the viel/lerchief. 

As an aside does any one remember those Magic Eye pictures?  just a mess of dots but if you looked at it JUST RIGHT there was a figure within that mess of dots.  what always amazed me was once you SAW it that figure was pretty darned sharp focus!

Esteemed Contributor

The cartoon — published in Puck, a humor magazine, in 1915 — appears differently to different people. Some folks, upon glancing at the drawing, immediately see a young woman. Others instantly know that it’s an illustration of an old woman.  There is also a popular one of a bunny/duck.