Respected Contributor

This is an optical illusion sent to me on Facebook. Supposedly the image is of an old woman and a young woman however my eyes only see an old woman. ( Perhaps due to my age !?!?)    Can anyone identify a young woman in the image ?

illusion.png

Honored Contributor

I've seen this before and this time I first see the young woman.

then after looking for a minute or 2 the old one.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Look at the old woman's nose it is the cheek of the young woman.  Not sure that makes much sense.  Hope so.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, they share the same dark hair. Look at the left side of the image,and you will see the profile of the young woman.

Respected Contributor

8048DE7B-B021-44F4-924A-684E907FE706.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I, too, have seen this before and have always been able to see both the old woman and the young.  However, this time all I can see is the young woman.  For the life of me, I can's seem to focus on the old woman!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I just got it.  But I keep losing it too.  My eyes just seem to want to focus on the "young" woman.  haha

Esteemed Contributor

I remember seeing this as a young child, and I see both.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Citrine, I’m just the opposite.  I can see both but keep losing the young woman.  Fascinating , isn’t it.  I wonder if there is a deeper psychological meaning to our individual reactions.

Respected Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

Citrine, I’m just the opposite.  I can see both but keep losing the young woman.  Fascinating , isn’t it.  I wonder if there is a deeper psychological meaning to our individual reactions.

For those of us who only see the "old hag" I suppose it means we have trouble relating to youth and time has passed us by.  Sad. I could not see the young woman until the prior poster circled the image.