Respected Contributor

Re: Noisy Kids in public places?

On 9/30/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/30/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 9/30/2014 chziggy said:
On 9/30/2014 NYwoman said:

I will never understand places that restrict dogs yet allow boisterous, undisciplined children screamed, crying, running around, yelling at their parents.

ITA

I live in a very hot and humid area, I was in a department store one day and a couple had their dog with them. I asked if anyone had said anything to them and I loved his reply. He said IF anyone says anything thing he would ask "Would you rather I leave her in the hot car while I shop in your store?"

I know this gets away from the unruly children but I wanted to share this.

I don't find his reply all that compelling... Mine to him might well have been to ask why leaving the dog at home wasn't an option... Still, I'd rather have the dog than be subjected to what appears to be the behavior of most kids these days.

I would rather have a dog then the unruly children or the dirty dreadlocks or the pants hanging down having to look at some ones underwear or the obnoxious loud talkers on cell phones or the person that is in dire need of deodorant.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I would rather have a dog then the unruly children or the dirty dreadlocks or the pants hanging down having to look at some ones underwear or the obnoxious loud talkers on cell phones or the person that is in dire need of deodorant.

You mean dire need of a bath or shower. Then deodorant.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Tique said:

You mean dire need of a bath or shower. Then deodorant.

Been seated close to a few of those in my lifetime too.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Nine times out of ten, when you see a screaming misbehaving child they are attached to a lazy, self-absorbed parent. Maybe the child is trying to get the parent's attention over the cell phone focus.
Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Julie from NY said:

I have 2 young boys, 7 & 10 and they bring their ipads to dinner which keeps them entertained and quiet. And we take them to family friendly restaurants as well and decent dinner hours. I agree many parents fail to teach their children appropriate behaviors in public but I've noticed plenty of groups of adult woman who are very loud, boisterous and irritating while I'm trying to enjoy a mean with my family. You can't always blame everything on children.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I think you're posting in the wrong thread.

This is the Noisy Kids in Public Places thread. I think you're looking for the Noisy Adult Women thread. lol If your kids are well behaved and quiet in public this thread doesn't apply to you and yours.Smile

Occasional Contributor

Y'all are absolutely right and I teach in the public school as a preschool special educator so the ages are 3-5 years of age. Try teaching these criminals! It is scary.

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 imaclotheshog said:
On 9/30/2014 Julie from NY said:

I have 2 young boys, 7 & 10 and they bring their ipads to dinner which keeps them entertained and quiet. And we take them to family friendly restaurants as well and decent dinner hours. I agree many parents fail to teach their children appropriate behaviors in public but I've noticed plenty of groups of adult woman who are very loud, boisterous and irritating while I'm trying to enjoy a mean with my family. You can't always blame everything on children.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I think you're posting in the wrong thread.

This is the Noisy Kids in Public Places thread. I think you're looking for the Noisy Adult Women thread. lol If your kids are well behaved and quiet in public this thread doesn't apply to you and yours.Smile

I commend Julie from NY for trying to keep her children quiet and she has a legitimate complaint about Noise Adult Woman. Why should she not say that on this thread?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

ITA with CalmInTheHeart, post#14. My mom took the three of us everywhere, on her own, and there was never a problem. One bad move and we got "the look." I babysat for my whole neighborhood as a teen, and I rarely had problems with kids. Ten years ago, I was taking groups of 35-40 middle schoolers on field trips, and I rarely had discipline issues. Today, I will not chaperone any field trips. I learned my lesson after the last one a few months ago. There is very little respect for teachers or any adults. I work in high schools and middle schools. I do it for the few kids who do appreciate it, but the majority do not. Those screaming children in the salon don't get better as they grow up. I'm sad about this because I wonder what their future will be like.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I always try to understand that the parents are probably emotionally exhausted and maybe they need to get out of the house even if the children are badly behaved.My son was very draining and not easy to control when he was little.I had to take him shopping etc because I had no other option.He was annoying in public and I always felt bad about it.Fast forward to the present ...he is a kind considerate,soft spoken adult.
Esteemed Contributor

We were recently at an event that honored one of our friends. There were adults and children there and most of the kids were well mannered and respectful... Except about 6 children who jumped at the windows doing what looked like ""snap kicks."" They also dashed down the hallways just about knocking me over. My hubby went to the restroom and one of the boys took a cell phone from his sister and all the girls then followed him into the men's room. This went on with the unwatchful eye of the parents.