Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need ideas for a 1 year old boy gift

when my kids...and their kids were young i was always pretty happy with buying them the Fisher Price Little People different little playsets.....they advise on the front of the boxes usually the age appropriate....but kids don't grow out of them too fast either....

Respected Contributor

Do they still have the “Spot books” (I think the first one was Where’s Spot?)? It evolved into a series of books about a puppy named Spot. They were geared to 1 year olds, so the pages were thick card stock, the story was simple and they had tabs on each page that opened to reveal some aspect of the storyline. My son used to love them and they held up really well. 

Respected Contributor

Nancy Tillman's YOU ARE LOVE…@MESPalOur grandchildren love getting books. There are several from  Nancy Tillman. They are wonderful books. My Grandparents started buying me books when I was very little. Little Brown Bear books. I'm 66 and I stillk have them.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a savings bond?

I honestly would ask the parents what the baby needs.

He will probably get lots of duplicates. Enclose a gift receipt.

Honored Contributor

A plastic lawn mower, this one makes bubbles as its pushed

lawnmower.jpg

Honored Contributor

@softwarewrote:

lawnmower.jpg

@software . I love these!  My kids had a lot of toys over the years and we got rid of most of them but I had my husband keep our Fisher Price bubble lawn mover.  It's still hanging up on the wall of our garage and gives me a smile whenever I see it.

My son just turned 30.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9wrote:

@softwarewrote:

lawnmower.jpg

@software . I love these!  My kids had a lot of toys over the years and we got rid of most of them but I had my husband keep our Fisher Price bubble lawn mover.  It's still hanging up on the wall of our garage and gives me a smile whenever I see it.

My son just turned 30.

How sweet, kids like to imitate their parents.

Esteemed Contributor

@MESPal, I like the personalized children's books that are usually sold through private vendors.  Everyone who has received one really enjoys them.  Another option might be a stuffed animal with a pass to the zoo that the entire family can use.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Books, books, books. 

Buy some for his age, and a few for later. 

Honored Contributor

I started reading to my son as soon as he was able to sit up on his own. He would sit and listen as long as I would read to him. I would give a book and some cash.