Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help With Gift Ideas For Boys

My son only had a casual interest in video games. He was ""into"" soccer and baseball. BUT the one thing that all the kids that came to our house wanted to play with was the Stomp Rocket. They would play with that thing for hours. The only thing we had to buy were more rockets. It was well worth every penny and was a big hit for many years.

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Sooner said:

There is ONE answer only: ASK the kids and ASK their parents what they WANT the kids to have.

This will help with harmony and happiness during the holidays.

ITA...we have 2 grandsons ages 9 and 10 who could not be more different in their interests.....checking with the mom or dad ensures you will get them a gift they will love....and I think that is just what you want to do.

Honored Contributor

T33002 Touchscreen Game

I ordered the one from last year for our 10 year-old grandson. Even though he plays other video games, he really liked this game. Simple and you can take it on a trip.

Honored Contributor

I believe this is the age for Goosebumps books! Fantastic!

Super Contributor

On 12/1/2014 ECBG said:

I believe this is the age for Goosebumps books! Fantastic!

Not for boys that age around here......used to be for boys that age when my oldest son (who's now 37) was 10, but not now.

Like dolls for girls.....once girls are in 2nd grade, they're too old for ANY type of doll, baby, Barbie, American Girl - doesn't matter - they're way beyond that.

Honored Contributor

My DH who majored in Physics always started telescopes and microscopes then. I also favored painting kits or how to draw. You could go to a nature/science store.