Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Car Seat Rec for 4.5 Year Old

@CalminHeart wrote:

There is a lot of good information online with recommendations based on weight, age, etc.  Start there.

@CalminHeart

Now that I started your response, I forgot to go back to see which poster recommended a site.  It was a very comprehensive online site, which I very much appreciated.  As I'm on day 3 of migraine, handed it over to my husband and he spent quite a bit of time on it.  Great resource.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Another fan of Britax -5 point harness booster seat.

Kids aren't thrilled with it (looks like a big car seat), but mine stayed in it until 7.

I don't care for the small booster seats. (safety reasons)

@sfnative

@missy1

Hi Missy,

A question: is this Britax unit truly a booster or could it qualify as a car seat?  Due to her weight at present, our granddaughter must be in a car seat per our state law and won't qualify for a booster until she's about 6.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Is she old enough and weigh enough to go to a booster seat? You can check you tube online or go to your police dept and they will usually intall them free of charge. Not sure, but your fire dept may do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know what state you're in but here in Calif., the Highway Patrol provides info on carseats and assists in properly installing them in vehicles.  Also, the Auto Mobile Club provides assistance.