Regular Contributor

Re: Nana needs a nap now....

I also forgot how much work babies are.  We were blessed last year with our first two grandchildren two girls born 5 weeks apart.  I was such a delight after what had been not such a good year.  The youngest had to have lung surgery in March and I went out to help take care of her when my daughter needed to go back to work.  I was exhausted at the end of every day but loved every minute of it.  I get to go back in June to babysit for a few days because the sitter will be on vacation.  I can't wait!!

It is what it is!!!
Valued Contributor

I'll take the babies.  My litle ones are now 5 and 10 and when I sit for them a couple of days I need more than a nap.  Heading up to sit Thursday thru Saturday.  I have already been sent the schedules for three days for two girls.  I'd better gas up the car and keep on schedule.  Believe me, when I get home Sat nite husband can run out to the car and I'm heading to the local Mexican rest.  where I'll be ordering a bucket of Margatia's.  I do love them though!

Esteemed Contributor

My mom was SAHM. When my youngest sister was 8 she went to work part time while we were in school. She worked that job until that youngest sister had her first baby. She quit when my sister went back to work and watched him from around 12 weeks. She watched his sister too. She goes to kindergarten this year so she won't have her anymore except the summer. My sister did change  her work schedule along the way as the kids started pre school. But it's going to be weird this fall not having her around.  My mom was in her mid 50's when he started watching them everyday.