Esteemed Contributor

Re: My son is going to meet his birth father for the first time.

@panda1234 wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@panda1234- You stated "birth father".  Is your son adopted? I think some posters think the father is absentee father which is a other thing in itself.  How  your son and his birth father make the arrangements is the most appropriate.

@qbetzforreal  Yes, so sorry he is adopted. Since posting this they have made plans to first meet alone which I am happy about. Who knows what they want to say to eachother and they should be free to do so. 

@panda1234- Thank you for your reply.  I hope this is will be a positive experience for your son.

Valued Contributor

I would not worry about it, it is what it is let it happen. Some fathers never want to meet their children

Respected Contributor

Isn't this his decision?

Honored Contributor

Just the son and the father. If I were one of the wives, I would feel awkward and out of place being at their first meeting. If things go well, there will be plenty of time to meet everyone,
Esteemed Contributor

Every once in awhile, I watch the show 'Long Lost Families".  Either adopted children that want to meet their birth parent/s or a parent that gave up her/his child.   Quite a bit of research is done by the show staff to find the 'lost' person.

The show is so emotional, I cry though the whole show!!  Usually the ending is a happy one, but there have been times that the person being sought does not want contact!

Esteemed Contributor

These meetings are best done in steps. No expectations. The two of them are strangers, and only biology links them. They have to build a relationship from this point forward adult to adult.

I have seen many start out great, and end very bad. I think father and son should meet alone. See how it goes, and step by step introduce other family members in, as they become more comfortable.

Good luck to all!

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@I am however putting together a book of pictures of his life up to his wedding for this man to have. Very excited for my son.

what a lovely thing to do!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind!

Honored Contributor

This thread is over 2 years old.