Honored Contributor

Precious granddaughter brings me immense happiness with her love for clothes and especially handbags and boots and today she was hilarious. Immediately noticed my new Frye boots [A367411] reacted with such excitement comes over leans down running her hands over the boot says, nana ooo sigh so very special. 

Mind you she's (7) smiled she's my princess and you guessed it search is on now for her first leather boots. Thank you, For sharing this priceless moment. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, I, too, have a GD who brings us such joy.  She loves jewelry at the ripe old age of 6.  Always notices what her Mimi is wearing.  She’s a modern-day little woman.

As much as she is very feminine, loving her “Bella” A.G. doll and stuff, dancing lessons, etc., she’s a little force to be reckoned with.  Some time ago she was upset that her battery powered race car was too slow to keep up with her big brother’s race car (and his friends’ cars, too) in their neighborhood racing time.  So we bought her a BIG and fast race car.  She was delighted!  Our little toot.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait for my little grandaughter to get to that stage.  To become a little fashionista.  There's nothing like little girls who love the girly stuff.  

Honored Contributor

Mine is only five years old and two weeks ago I went to her school and had lunch with her.  The plan had been made to for her to spend that night with me.  She was horrified when she got to my home I was wearing the same outfit from lunchtime.  She of course was not.  Absolutely a fashionista.  The cutest comment was a year ago looking at my brushes and combs and telling me they were just embarrassing.  Way to old and worn out.  I bought new ones that weekend.  Mercy I hope she never asks me for a horse!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I have two daughters and they are totally opposite.  The older is not a girly girl nor a tomboy. She just not fussy when it comes to fashion and makeup etc. The younger one is all into fashion, hair and makeup.  My mom (RIP) took both shopping for their communition dress.  For my oldest she had to restrain herself for choosing frilly dresses as my daughter wanted the plainest, simplest dress they had.  For my younger she got to go hog wild and pick out the fanciest, frilliest dress and accessories!   Too bad she is not around now as my oldest is 22 and youngest almost 18 as she would have loved to pick out cotillion, prom and in  the future wedding dresses.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Granddaughter

[ Edited ]

I have 2 granddaughters, aged 3 and 6 and the 6 year old loves shoes, clothes, jewelry and is quite the fashionista......The 3 year old is not quite there yet, she still enjoys playing and having fun, she loves shoes, but she isn't quite into the clothes yet. I love these ages though, and they are so much fun, aren't they??

Also the 6 year old loves her lip gloss........It is just too funny!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have 2 granddaughters, aged 3 and 6 and the 6 year old loves shoes, clothes, jewelry and is quite the fashionista......The 3 year old is not quite there yet, she still enjoys playing and having fun, she loves shoes, but she isn't quite into the clothes yet. I love these ages though, and they are so much fun, aren't they??

Also the 6 year old loves her lip gloss........It is just too funny!

This past Sunday my 5 year old granddaughter put some makeup on that she just got last month from a friend for her birthday.  Kid you not @CANDLEQUEEN she came to show me her application and big round blush circle/dots were down around her jawline.  I almost choked on the lunch my son had served up to us.  Don't you just love them.  Her vanity set for Christmas from me was delivered to their home to be put together in a couple of months.  Maybe this well help her apply the make up better.  Some how I do not think it will just yet.  Cannot wait for Christmas morning.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

LOVE my granddaughters. 7and 3 ( in 3 weeks). They are so different. One black hair like mom. Other blonde like dad (my son when little). The 

little one has a vanity and gives me a blow dry, make up, nails, Also, a check up with blood pressure, stethoscope, etc. Too cute. She told she “needed privacy in the bathroom.”

They make me laugh! 

And another girl due end of November!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

My little granddaughter is right in there with the rest of these little girls.  She will be 4 in December, with 2 older brothers.  She wasn't even 2 when she started draping towels, or even one time a fancy pair of mom's underwear, around herself, creating beautiful garments.

She loves clothes and shoes and jewelry and is a joy to take shopping, since she likes trying things on so much.  

My daughter has such fun with her, and I'm sure she picks up a great deal of this behavior from her (who got it from me).

It was just so funny how she took to it like a duck takes to water, like she was genetically predisposed to it.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity Too cute!Smiley Happy