Honored Contributor

Re: My Daughter’s Birthday

@Shanus - TY for your sweet words! DD loves makeup as much as we do! She gets her "obsession" from her mom and her late grandmother.

During college she did her friends' makeup for dances and other special events. She started building a kit and continued doing it for friends. Our dental technician asked her to come over and do hers for a mother/son high school dance. DD didn't want her to pay her, but she wouldn't let her not take the money. She's the only one who ever paid her. She has done makeup for friends' weddings too. She even did the makeup for the whole wedding party, including the bride, of DS' good friend's wedding.  

She would never take money because she wasn't professional! She hasn't done any in a while- too busy!  

But she's always ready to try something new. She was one of the first to try Lady Gaga's new foundation, and she really likes it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Makeup sounds like a passion for her and she should have pursued it, no? It's a wonderful profession if you have the talent like she has demonstrated.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   Thank you for sharing.  Happy belated birthday to her.  I don’t read here often, as I’m not a mom, but I’m really missing some great posts!  

She he sounds like such a joy!   I, too, think some of us could be great friends.  So many wonderful posters who are kind and thoughtful.  

You are blessed.....

Super Contributor

@ beach-mom Thank you for sharing your daughter's story. You're a wonderful mom and your daughter is a tribute to you.
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful story!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom what a beautiful tribute to your daughter! It sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. I believe you’re a very good mom.
Respected Contributor

She sounds like a true blessing from God. Thanks so much for sharing with us.