Honored Contributor

Re: Minor difference of opinion with my DIL

@January121 wrote:

Sorry but, your DIL sounds like a stupid ******  🙃

She's either dumber than dirt or she has some psychological issues relating to weight.   Regardless, OP is picking a fight with the dil that she cannot possibly win and she's bound to end up on the outside looking in.  

Esteemed Contributor

Stay out of it.Your DIL has made her feelings clear.Keep the peace. It’s not a big deal.Please don’t put your son in the middle.You’ll regret it.

Super Contributor

I would just cut the size tags off and wear them at your house and if she happens to notice him wearing a new outfit I'd say I could not resist getting him this cute outfit.  I don't know how she'd be upset with her for that.

Honored Contributor

Well couldn’t you say something like that little guy is growing like a weed.I just measured him and he is already an inch taller than last week....we are going to need a shopping trip soon so grandma can spoil him.I would buy mom a little something too.

Respected Contributor

@Bubby Mommy 

Bow out, Grandma.

Honored Contributor

If they don't have the extra cash for larger clothes for the baby that's understandable, It's hard to believe she doesn't realize the clothes are too small on him, I would worry more about that.

Esteemed Contributor

Your intentions are good, but buying "so many items" for the baby is stepping over the line. Unless your grandson is being physically or emotionally harmed, you need to let them be the parents. An outfit or two once in awhile is probably fine, but at some point your DIL is going to get ticked off that you re-dress him everytime you watch him, and that's going to set a bad precedent going forward.

Respected Contributor

I think too tight of cloths especially on boys can be dangerous in the crotch are. Also little girls can get yeast infections. They need air there. I lost to lille male cousins and walkers were the blame for it. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased childrens clothing in a long while but don't they have  a weight chart ?

Respected Contributor

Oh well, we raised our children and wouln't like to be criticized, so let them raise their children their way. And I don't think we should be called grand. I think it is hurtful to parents everywhere.