Respected Contributor

Re: Milk or no milk for preschooler?

@lolakimono wrote:

@shy bobcat

Please read this:

http://www.livescience.com/49551-should-kids-drink-milk.html

That is interesting. My mother who drinks milk, takes a calcium supplement, and does not exercise has osteopenia.

Does anyone have more to add concerning too much milk and anemia?

Super Contributor

Milk is for baby  cows, not humans.  Think about it, so gross.

Esteemed Contributor

milk.jpg

I like to drink either Fair Life Non-Fat, or, goat's milk.

YUM!!!!!

Honored Contributor

No milk for a preschool age child is just fine.  This child has been weened from it's mother and no longer needs milk.

I am 61 years old and have refused to drink milk as long as I can remember and my mother told me that I gagged and wouldn't drink it for as long as she could remember.

I am healthy and have good bones, I still have all of my teeth in wonderful condition.  I eat a variety of foods, but very little grains because of celiac disease. I refuse to take vitamins also.  I don't have any deficiencies so I don't need them.

Someone mentioned that cow milk is for calfs and she is correct.  Every mammal makes the perfect food for their offspring.

I noticed when I was in China, Vietnam Nam and other countries in Asia, there was little to no dairy products served.

Your granddaughter will be fine as long as she isn't drinking sugary drinks instead.

Honored Contributor

Rice has lead in it (I think it's lead isn't it?) and almonds I'm sure are raised on trees and sprayed with something.   I am not afraid of milk.  I know too many people who have lived a long long time on it. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you for you comments.  Thank you also, Lolakimono for the site to gain added info.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine life without milk.

What would you drink with chocolate-chip cookiesHeart

Honored Contributor

MIne loves milk, and it has to be whole.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

No milk for a preschool age child is just fine.  This child has been weened from it's mother and no longer needs milk.

I am 61 years old and have refused to drink milk as long as I can remember and my mother told me that I gagged and wouldn't drink it for as long as she could remember.

I am healthy and have good bones, I still have all of my teeth in wonderful condition.  I eat a variety of foods, but very little grains because of celiac disease. I refuse to take vitamins also.  I don't have any deficiencies so I don't need them.

Someone mentioned that cow milk is for calfs and she is correct.  Every mammal makes the perfect food for their offspring.

I noticed when I was in China, Vietnam Nam and other countries in Asia, there was little to no dairy products served.

Your granddaughter will be fine as long as she isn't drinking sugary drinks instead.

You're right that mammals make the perfect food for their offspring, but in this country child led weaning is not very common. In America a child is lucky is if it recieves any human milk at all in it's life. On average less than 50% of infants are exclusively breastfed for the first three months and the numbers are truly dismal at 6 months. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

missy1 wrote:

MIne loves milk, and it has to be whole.

all three of my children, now young adults, love milk.......drinking it, using it in cereal, using it in tea or coffee, and cooking/baking with it.

i am 53 and i still enjoy a glass of milk.

we only buy whole milk.

i also use it weekly to make yogurt. it is a staple.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein