Contributor
I have developed this post hip replace,ment surgery. Any one else have any idea to make your legs stop weeping? I am losing my patience!
Respected Contributor

Re: Lymph edema weeping legs

Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Super Contributor

This isn't normal. You need to see your surgeon or PCP. Some simple things to do before you see your doctor is keep you feet and legs elevated, if you are on Lasix make sure you take the correct dosage, do not eat salty foods. If this is post-op then you should still have a home health nurse looking in on you - what does the nurse say? The only problem I had after my hip replacement was swelling of my leg. Keeping them elevated on 2 pillows worked - just like my nurse told me. But whatever you do --- CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! Good luck, Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Super Contributor

If you have weeping sores and your legs are swollen, you need to be seen by your dr as soon as you can and sent to a lymphedema therapist. Your legs won't stop weeping until you get the swelling down by compression wraps. If your legs are swollen, your lymph system isn't getting the fluid off your legs, your skin can't stretch anymore and is literally tearing.

This happened to me. It's a dangerous situation that can lead to infections and other complications.

Please see your dr ASAP.

Honored Contributor

Please contact your doctor immediately. There are a lot of stresses that occur with surgery, and undue stress during the surgical and anesthetic procedure can be a potential cause, Edema is usually heart related. But it needs to be evaluated immediately. Edema is not a normal response. Please contact your doctor as soon as possible.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Please get to a professional immediately. This can be VERY SERIOUS! Do exactly what you are told by
Regular Contributor

Please let us know the outcome!!!!!! I am scheduled for total hip replacement on the 27TH and am concerned for you but also for me. Please get to the Dr. !

Super Contributor

How long ago was your surgery? Is it weeping from the incision? I do not understand. I had hip replacement just 17 days ago. No swelling or weeping. I think this would be serious and you should talk to your Dr. about it. What if it turns to infection and gets into the new joint?

Honored Contributor

If circulation is impaired, fluid can seep through the skin spontaneously.
Super Contributor

Honey bless you . can you tell me what weeping of the leg is . I have a few girl friends who have had the replace and have yet to hear of this. Weeping ?