Esteemed Contributor

There is absolutely no pain like the pain of losing a child.  Memories keep me 'in touch' with my children - two.  But, their passing was the most difficult experience I have ever lived though. And yet, somehow, life does go on.  My thoughts are with all parents who have lost children....bless you all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Losing an adult child

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child.

I worry about this a lot.  My son is on his 4th deployment now and it scares the heck out of me.  He's in direct danger a lot and worry all the time he's gone.  

Pray the 91st Psalm over him..day and night..No weapon formed against him will prosper! I read an article  about a unit that was in Afghanistan..they were under heavy gunfire and made it back to camp. None had been injured...they could see where all the bullet holes had torn through their vehicle..it was a miracle no one had been hurt. It seems they had been told to memorize the 91st Psalm and they kept a copy under their helmet! The prayer of protection!!! God is so good! xxx

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Psalms-Chapter-91/

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom My heart aches for you, for your loss.  I  haven't been through this and I pray that I never have to.

You say that you are doing fairly well, but have your moments.  I think this will be something that you will face for the rest of your life.  I think that it is your faith that is carrying you through.  Being a Christian also, and having that blessed assurance of where your son is today and that you will see him again, I believe that is what will get you through.  Believing and knowing is what gives us peace in this life as Christians. 

My prayers are for your continued peace. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I hate watching my kids kill themselves with drinking and cigarette's. I kept them so healthy when they were with me. I am having a difficult time with my health and I can't be aroud that crazy smoking so I don't see them, and also that personallity change when they drink  . I just pray I don't have to face their deaths.

Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry to read of this huge very devastating loss of a child.

Occasional Contributor

I’m very sorry to read this. I too have lost an adult son. Our only child passed from cystic fibrosis when he was just 31 years old. He left behind a wife and young daughter. My husband and I are now raising our granddaughter. I miss him so very much and looking forward to seeing him again. But not until our granddaughter is grown. We aren’t suppose to bury our children, even adult ones. My heart goes out to you. 

Respected Contributor

I can not even wrap my head around the pain and loss of losing a child of mine at any age. I do not even want to think about it. 

They say time heals everything, and it will get easier. I seriously do not know how that can be in this instance. I know it happens, but it really must be awful.

I do feel for those that do go thru this and do hope they have someone to lean on to help get them thru It somehow. My heart truly goes out to anyone reading this that has experienced this personally. Take care and be strong. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

@chihuahuamom My daughter past away in 2008 from complications after weight loss surgery. She left behind 5 young children and her husband. What help me 1st and foremost was My Lord and Savior. Then attending The Compassionate Friends Support Group for parents who's children have past away. This Journey without them is called a New Normal whatever that is for each individual. May the LORD keep you strong Heart

Respected Contributor

Can't imagine anything worse!

He was far too young.

So very sorry ):

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for all those who have suffered the heartbreaking loss of a child.  I do so admire the strength and faith of all of you.

Knowing a few people who have gone through this has given me a tiny glimpse of this horrendous loss.

Many years ago, my cousin’s daughter died in a terrible car accident.  She was 18 years old and set to begin college. She was named after me.  I think about her so often and wonder what her life would have been.  Her parents passed years ago, so I picture them reunited again.