New Contributor

Lactation Cookies

[ Edited ]

Well, it looks as though my new discussion from a few days ago is lost (maybe forever?) now that the forum has been "upgraded". So here I am, back at trying to gather up some recipes for lactation cookies.

I am hoping to put together a list of good recipes (preferably ones that have been tested) that I can use myself, and share with friends, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Two lactation cookie recipes that I've tried out so far are for chocolate chunk cookies, and for M&M cookies.

Thanks in advance Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

What in the world are "lactation cookies".......and why would one need special recipes?  Every breastfeeding Mom I've known has simply eaten a nutritious diet with plenty of fluids, and tried to avoid onions or other ingredients that might cause problems for the baby (sometimes discovered through trial and error).  

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but what are lactation cookies?  Are they made with breast milk?  Or just good for lactating mothers?  TIA.

Respected Contributor

OMG! Now I.ve heard it all.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

@VeeVee wrote:

Well, it looks as though my new discussion from a few days ago is lost (maybe forever?) now that the forum has been "upgraded". So here I am, back at trying to gather up some recipes for lactation cookies.

I am hoping to put together a list of good recipes (preferably ones that have been tested) that I can use myself, and share with friends, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Two lactation cookie recipes that I've tried out so far are for chocolate chunk cookies, and for M&M cookies.

@VeeVee wrote:

I nursed my baby but I have never heard of "lactation cookies" (gag!) so I googled it. Maybe you should go there for recipes. 

Wow, I had never heard of lactation cookies either unitl just now!!!  I looked it up online and found that they are cookies made from ingredients such as oats, flax seeds, and Brewer's yeast. They are used for breastfeeding mothers because they may help to increase the milk supply. 

Wow, talk about learn something new everyday!!!  Who knew?!?! 

Respected Contributor

@Luvee480 wrote:

Wow, I had never heard of lactation cookies either unitl just now!!!  I looked it up online and found that they are cookies made from ingredients such as oats, flax seeds, and Brewer's yeast. They are used for breastfeeding mothers because they may help to increase the milk supply. 

Wow, talk about learn something new everyday!!!  Who knew?!?! 

I never heard of these but I certainly would not have needed them when my sons were born.  Smiley Wink