Honored Contributor

Re: Just lost our beloved son

I'm so very sorry about your son. I will be praying for you and your family. My sister lost her son on Christmas day 2 years ago with similar circumstances.  I'm glad you shared it with us. Having support is important and the people here can and will give you that.  God Bless.   

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  He'll be in your hearts forever. God is near.

Trusted Contributor

@Athome2  My heart breaks for you.  No parent should out live their children. I hope you find peace in the time you did have with him.  None of us knows when we will pass.  Each day comes with it's own set of stress, joy, love, pain sadness etc. but each day is just that another day to keep trying. My prayers go out to you and your family.  May the loving arms of God wrap themselves around you and your family and help you through your pain and sorrow.  His soul shines bright with your love and each prayer you send him.  And he mattered then and he still matters.  His life although cut short, mattered.  The fact that he is missed means he mattered.  And he will never be forgotten.  Each one of us touches other people in so many different ways.  His soul is at peace. 

Your sharing his story touched each of us who read it.  I believe tonight he will recieve many prayers from those of us who read your post and we will tell him how much he mattered and is missed by many people.    

Respected Contributor

@Athome2 ...I am one of those grieving mothers...been grieving 36 years...living nightmare...but with God's help and others, I've lived through it.  The Compassionate Friends organization is a great group, one that I have been connected to for a long time.  You are not alone, I feel your pain, life will be a struggle for you - but always have your faith and believe that you will see your son again when it's time.  God Bless you and your family...and yes, YOUR SON MATTERED !