Frequent Contributor
I read here a lot and don’t know where else to go right now but our dear youngest child, our son, was found dead of a drug overdose on Thursday. He had aspbergers and also sever mental illness (diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar and schizophrenia) and was trying to get himself clean at a sober house. He’d been to many meetings but no doubt thought he’d use just one more time and so we’ve lost him. I’ll see my precious boy in a coffin on Monday and I’m sobbing as I write this. Our lives have been bombarded in the last few years with my husband’s leukemia and disability, my father’s death here at our house six weeks ago (peaceful thankfully) and now this. I guess I’m just asking if there are grieving mothers out there- I know there are. I’m doing what I need to do right now and thank God I have three other children, all doing well, all loving him and us and helping and I will be contacting compassionate friends. I guess I just wanted someone to know he’s gone and that he mattered even though he seemed like he was “weird” because of all of his illnesses. He fought so hard and was so hurt and so brave.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Just lost our beloved son

Dear @Athome2 ,

I am not a grieving mother, but wanted to offer you my deepest condolences. I can't even imagine the grief you are feeling now, but please know there are people who have you in their thoughts as you go through this terrible time.  Your family will give you strength one day at a time.
Sending you a big and long virtual hug,

Lisa

Respected Contributor

There's nothing I can say to make you hurt less, but I am very sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you and your family and hope for your healing. Bless you.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for responding. You’re so kind. It’s just unbearable to have this happen and I know things will improve but your kindness and prayers matter
Esteemed Contributor

@Athome2   Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss.  This is a loss that only one that has gone through can understand.  By the grace of God, I don't share this experience, but I share some of your grief.  I pray for you and your family.  Your plate is full now and may the good Lord lessen your sorrow and burden.  Take care~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @tends2dogs. I so appreciate your sympathy and prayers. We’re dog lovers too and seeing his little, faithful black chihuahua go on without him is heartbreaking. He depended on him for emotional support, especially when he had an episode and didn’t even know where he was. That little dog was such a comfort so we’ll treasure his sweet self
Valued Contributor

@Athome2  I am heartbroken for you. I’m sure you were a great mom who did everything she could to help her beloved son. Of course he mattered. Hold on to your memories. Know that there are so many who struggle silently with mental illness in their family and share your pain. I am so glad you have the support of your other children. Be kind to yourself in the days ahead. Your son’s struggle is over but his strength to try to be well, his courage in dealing with his private demons each day and the love and loyalty of your family are real and will live on. Praying for peace for you all.🌈

Frequent Contributor

@nevergivesup, thank you so much. Thank you for saying he mattered. He was a kind, sweet, tormented soul and tried so hard.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not good at these things but I am deeply deeply sorry for your loss. 

Valued Contributor

@Athome2 - I am so sorry you have lost your son.  My heart hurts for you.  Continue to love him.    

Almost two years ago my nephew died of an overdose within 24 hours of leaving a treatment facility he had been at for 11 months.  I know your world will never be the same but stay focused on how awesome it was that he lived.  As you continue to say his name he will continue to live. 

Sending love for you and your family Heart