Contributor

Re: Just lost our beloved son

As you walk through this valley, try not to play it over and over thinking you might have done something more to save himAccept the love and help from family and friends and find peace knowing God is holding you close. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm so very sorry.  Words fall short at a time like this..I understand the struggle you and your son have gone through.  Know that many hearts go out to you.  

Honored Contributor

Blessings to you and your family as you grieve this tragic loss. There really are no words of comfort at this painful time. Remember that you did your best and loved your dear son. 

Respected Contributor

@Athome2 wrote:
@RedTop, That’s such a sad story. Your dream of her was beautiful. I so appreciate your advice and am trying to wrap this in the knowledge that he’s with God and is at peace, a peace he never had here. When you say that my support was always there but never changed the situation, you’re so right. We tried what we thought would work but his brain just couldn’t do it and our support would never have been enough. I haven’t said this yet but a couple of days before he died I’d prayed and released him to God. I didn’t want this to be the result but the longer it gets from the day we learned of this, the more I see it as His answer.

@Athome2 @So beautifully said. I too have a daughter that suffers from severe mental illness and the meds don't help her. I believe there is a peace they can not find on earth and the support we give is just never enough. It is exhausting at times but we do our best. 

Respected Contributor

I have no way to put into words how my heart breaks for you.  Having lost a child of my own, I know the unbearable pain you are going through.  You shall be in my prayers.

Valued Contributor

@Athome2 -- My arms are stretched out to you and your family.  You are in my heart and prayers.  May God cradle you in His arms and hold you through this terrible tragedy.  You are not alone!!  I pray peace and comfort for you and your family.

Honored Contributor

@Athome2  I have no children, but still feel the sadness  with you for your loss. Your Son May have had problems finding his way in his life, but he was still important and most of all loved. I am so sorry you are going through such difficult times with the illness of your Husband and the recent death of yout Father....and pray you find peace. 

Honored Contributor

@Athome2  I'm rarely on this forum, but something drew me here today. I'm so sorry about the loss of your son. It's just not the order of "things" for children to pass away before parents.

I'm hoping that you and your family are doing as well as expected at this awful time. My sincere sympathies to all of you. Please take care of yourself. You've been through an awful time with other family members, as well. 🌸

Shanus

Frequent Contributor

From one mom to another my heartfelt sorrow for you. My daughter did not die of an overdose.......but she died. Of cancer August 4th. The pain is horrific no matter the cause. I am so sorry for your loss.. Take one day at a time rely on friends and family. I have good days and some I don't want to get out of bed.....But most of all pray  

Trusted Contributor

@Athome2  - 

@Athome2 wrote:
@RobbiesAuntJenny, what you said helped me so much. I’m struggling with the fact that we are just inheriting some money from my father and that I could have sent him to rehab but didn’t. He wanted to go but was on Medicaid so we opted for a sober house with intensive therapy and AA meetings instead. It was in Colorado Springs and we’re north of Denver so it was far enough away that he was excited about a new start. In my head I know he easily could’ve checked in and left, and this would’ve been completely in keeping with how he was but there’s this niggling doubt that w was selfish and should’ve tried this one last thing, that I was being selfish and scared that we’d waste all that money and he’d leave anyway. We live on disability since my husband’s leukemia disabled him so I thought (and my husband and kids thought) it would be best to save it for our future needs. Now I just feel the regret. It does help to know that someone else has seen such a long time of hope and then a tragic return of the disease. I’m so sorry this happened to your nephew and your family but please now your sharing of his story has helped me.

You did the best you could with the situation.  Your Son was offered the resources and it was ultimately his choice.  Your Son was a true Warrior.  He faced and fought the best he could with all his might. Reading your 1st thread where you listed all that was happening with him - it was overwhelming.  Mental illness is not something you chose and getting a CORRECT diagnosis is hard.  

One of my Brothers chose to end his life a little over a year ago.  NO ONE saw it coming.  He struggled with severe diabetes and anxiety. 

I am asking you to consider going to counseling for yourself so you do not make your sick with guilt over your Son's passing.  He matters and so do you.

XOX