Super Contributor

Re: Just lost our beloved son

at home, I am also a grieving mother. My son died last year, an unamarmed man with his life taken for no good reason in a BLM "incident". It's been 1 year now. It is a little easier but as with all parents, it won't go away. The thoughts are always there. I do have 3 grandchildren so I have part of him here with me. I admire your honesty in telling us about your son. I could say so much, but I'm not. He is in my heart and loved by his family. I also have 3 other children. He was my oldest and I also cry as I write this. 

Valued Contributor

@Athome2 i'm sorry for your losses.  My prayers to you and your family for peace and strength.  Know your son is at peace.  Take good care of yourself.  

Valued Contributor

YOU DID NOT LOSE YOUR BELOVED SON  HES STILL WITH YOU HES LIVING IN YOUR HEART    GOD BLESS

Frequent Contributor

@RobbiesAuntJenny, what you said helped me so much. I’m struggling with the fact that we are just inheriting some money from my father and that I could have sent him to rehab but didn’t. He wanted to go but was on Medicaid so we opted for a sober house with intensive therapy and AA meetings instead. It was in Colorado Springs and we’re north of Denver so it was far enough away that he was excited about a new start. In my head I know he easily could’ve checked in and left, and this would’ve been completely in keeping with how he was but there’s this niggling doubt that w was selfish and should’ve tried this one last thing, that I was being selfish and scared that we’d waste all that money and he’d leave anyway. We live on disability since my husband’s leukemia disabled him so I thought (and my husband and kids thought) it would be best to save it for our future needs. Now I just feel the regret. It does help to know that someone else has seen such a long time of hope and then a tragic return of the disease. I’m so sorry this happened to your nephew and your family but please now your sharing of his story has helped me.
Frequent Contributor

@dimin. I’m so sorry. My heart goes out to you. May God send his peace to you every day.
Valued Contributor

Prayers for your son and your family.  I know the pain must be intolerable but I do think that being able to. express your sorrow in this way must offer some relief to you.  Stay strong.

Valued Contributor

@Athome2  Anyone who has lost a  child by any means has guilt. If I could only got back. I have replayed the day and days leading up to my son' s suicide at 21 many times.

But hindsight is always 20/20. And, sadly, we cannot go ba ck but must keep moving forward. Your son would want that.

I wrote some advice on the community chat thread from my experiences. I hope you read it and something helps.

This will take time, Think of the good memories you have and try for a little peace for now. It never goes away but time does heal. I know after 11 years .

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  Of course your son mattered, not just to you but to all the people he touched in some way or another.  In our business we sometimes have to deal with people that are a bit "off."  Just seeing someone struggle can and should make others have more empathy, something that is sadly lacking these days.  Blessings to you and your family.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Sincere condolences on the untimely death of your son. Take time to grieve; you've been through so much. You are not alone; this painful topic surfaces periodically. Please know you are welcome to share your thoughts anytime. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you face the difficult days ahead. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Athome2   How sad I am for you and your family.  We never imagine outliving a child.  You and yours are in my prayers.  

May you gradually find peace as you process your all-too-real grief.

aroc3435