Respected Contributor

Re: Join Us for Grandma to Grandma talk 2019

@CalminHeart    Being with the grands is the best, isn't it?  Before I retired and moved here to be close to them I was the oddball grandparent that didn't have a computer at home.  So my grandson and I "talked" via cellphone on weekends.  He  was almost four when I retired so our phone conversations were important to me.  

He was actually quite the little conversationalist then and still is now.  

Unbelievable how quickly they grow up--so enjoy every minute with yours via Skype/facetime.  And twins--how special with a younger sibling.  Nice age range, they will all be close enough in age to enjoy each other.

Respected Contributor

Any good grandma updates out there? Since I recently downsized to an apartment, I've been busy trying to decorate and make it home now along with babysitting Mr. Busy (my 3 yr old grandson) So each time he comes over he says (I'm at G's new house again !) I took him to the playground but he would only step up on the slide step ladder, would not get in the tubes and slide down. He suddenly  decided to run toward a mud puddle( from the previous nights heavy rain) and before I could stop him he slid right in the muddy water and down he went. So I had to walk him back home, take off his clothes and wash them and him, including his shoes and socks. What makes it all worth it though was that he kept saying "Sorry G" ( short for grandma) I couldnt be mad at him. I took a picture of his muddy butt so we can laugh about it when he gets older.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My granddaughter spent this past Friday night with me and we had with us for a couple of hours her 15 month old little brother.  My son and dil go to dinner but come get him afterwards.  Not quite ready for a sleepover with both. (they sure are).  Liam has learned a new game while I am sitting on the floor he goes across the living room from me then with arm's spread wide races towards me and body slams for a hug and a kiss.  Then immediately runs back across the room and repeats the body slam.  I love this new game and we played for many bruises.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Had lunch with my kindergartner granddaughter today for Grandparent's Day.  So wonderful and I cannot wait until next year.  The couple across the table from us drove 7 hours to have lunch with their grandson.  The sweet boy started crying when it was time for them to leave even though he knew they were here for the weekend.  Broke my heart, and just made realize what a blessing to kiss my girl goodbye and tell her I would see her tonight for pajama party and Cinderella movie watching.  Happy Grandparent's Day this weekend.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I have 2 granddaughters both unique in many ways. They are nothing alike but both are so much fun to spend time with. Since we raised 3 boys we are loving these girls. I was so excited a few Christmas’s ago I sent a picture of the Barbie camper which was under our tree to all my friends with the caption “Finally there is pink under our xmas tree”. Of course I would love them as much if they were boys but I’m enjoying seeing the difference. Em

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had lunch with our Kinder grand a couple of weeks ago for GrandFriends day at her school....a little boy sat down the table from us and kept looking at the door...I could tell he was expecting a grandparent to appear, but no one ever came. They may live too far away or didn’t know about the occasion, but he looked so dejected. DH, the quintessential grandpa, complete with white hair, etc, asked him to come eat with us and he eagerly slid down the table and did so. He said his grandpa was probably sick. When it came time for pictures, DH asked him if he would be in a photo with him since we have no grandsons nearby. He seemed excited and posed with DH with a big smile. Grands are the best, we have 8 now and another on the way. They range from age 17 to 7 weeks. One set triplets, one set twins, and three singletons. All have totally different personalities, interests, and physical appearances...blondes, brunettes, a redhead...we have ‘em all! 

Esteemed Contributor

We have grandsons 8 yr old & 1 yr old (brothers) 

DS is in Dallas in process of moving family from IL.

8yr old loves Minecraft & Star Wars.  1yr is learning to walk. He loves to play Peek a boo with this Grandma. 8yr talks my ear off playing Minecraft always asking what should he do?  I love that he includes me. 

One time I was there to babysit for 1yr old and the 8 yr old told his Mom he wanted to stay at home with me, instead of going with her to lunch and a movie. 

When I gave 8yr old globe last Christmas, he said "Yes! finally!"

I always say you think you can't love anyone as much as you you do your kids, then the GRANDS come along and  OMG  In Love all over again!

Super Contributor

Seems like “spending time w *Gamma*” is special because we

are not with them 24/7! lol

We can take them out, to the Park, a movie, etc.,....then back home!

To my granddaughters, (1,3,4) going to Gammas means...FUN!

Im still very athletic and love to go down the slide, or up the ladder,

and in general actually PLAY with them.

But after a couple hours.....lol

My back.....and ALL my energy.....has had enough!

The just turned 3-year old is around only Mom/dad and her Grandpa 

24/7 and has a very grown up vocabulary and attitude.

No one believes how young she really is!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched my GSs today!  I'm soooooo happy. 

I brought cars that belonged to my son, blocks and books that belonged to older GS & dyno toy for 1yr old GS.

"J" has moved on from minecraft to a car video game. "L" is walking a bit and loved the dyno toy & Gramma making Buzzzzzz sound for the Bee on the blocks.  He also liked banging the blocks together.  LOL  Mama & Dada may not be so happy about that!

The Bears lost but Gramma & J both were in Bears jerseys.

It was  a great day.