Trusted Contributor

My mom has been gone for 26 years now come November  3rd on my oldest sons birthday.  Even after all these years tears roll down my checks. I was watching her favorite movie the other night 

"  when I'm calling you" and I pictured her watching it, after I  cried like a baby. My hubby said maybe you shouldn't  watch it anymore. I told him I'm just tired.

Honored Contributor

This month , it was 15 years ago that I lost my mom. She was my best friend and I miss her every day.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: I miss my mom

[ Edited ]

My Mother died twenty years ago.  The intense sadness that you feel the first year or two is gone, but I still miss talking with her.  Peace will come and you will have good memories of your mother.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart

My mom has been gone for almost 4 years and I can't believe it, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her.

There are days that the tears still come but I know she's not suffering anymore and it's my selfishness that wants her here.  

I am so grateful to even had a mother who loved, cared and until the very last day, knew I loved her and she loved me.

I was told your mom is within you and I accept that.  I know I wouldn't be who I am if it wasn't for her.  Wish I could say it gets easier, but it doesn't, just hang onto the memories and smile.

Esteemed Contributor

my mom died in 1981.....she was 57....not a day goes by that i don't think about her.......

Respected Contributor

I am sorry for your loss, your pain. 

I lost my mom 16 years ago and there is a huge hole in

my heart that will never be filled.

We, who miss our beloved moms are the lucky ones, we had wonderful moms. My husband doesn’t miss his mom. She was severely mentally ill and though she loved her family dearly, made life a living hell for them,

and she suffered terribly.

We are the blessed.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss my Mom too .... I miss her every minute of the day .... sometimes I even think that I should pick up the phone & call her ..... I talk out loud to her everyday & I know she hears me & is watching over me from heaven 😊

Trusted Contributor

You are really blessed to have had a mom that fulfilled your life and gave you so much. I was not so lucky.  I have mourned my mother a long time ago, and shes still alive.  She is in a nursing home and I am the one sibling near her, so I have to deal with the issues with her at the home. 

I did learn one thing from her...........

She is everything that I dont want to be....So I was dead set to never ever be the mother to my children as she was to me.

And I have succeeded......my girls and I have a very special relationship and I am grateful. 

So sorry that you lost your mom.  She is watching over you in her very special way. 

Honored Contributor

Bless your heart I know how hard it is.  Lost my dear Mom over five years ago and still the pain is so strong.  Like you I believe I will be with her again.  Yet, some days just hearing a Conway Twitty song on my way to work will have me crying like it was just yesterday that she passed on to glory.  She so loved music from Conway to the Doors.  Prayers to you @CalminHeart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My mom died this past Thanksgiving.  I miss her so much sometimes that it is painful.  She was my rock, best friend, and confidant.  She always knew what to say.  I have some issues going on in my life and talk to her about them but would love to get her advice, hug her, and hear her say "I love you more" one more time.  

My religion believes in the unity of the living and those in Heaven, that we're not really separated but just in different places.  This gives me great comfort and I know she can hear me when I talk to her.  The human side of me still misses her like crazy.

@CalminHeart. I’m so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I think relationships w/ mothers are so often very special. You may always think of her often, but the pain of not having her right there with you may ease in time. In the meanwhile, talk to her. She’s listening. 💕