Honored Contributor

My mom died this past Thanksgiving.  I miss her so much sometimes that it is painful.  She was my rock, best friend, and confidant.  She always knew what to say.  I have some issues going on in my life and talk to her about them but would love to get her advice, hug her, and hear her say "I love you more" one more time.  

My religion believes in the unity of the living and those in Heaven, that we're not really separated but just in different places.  This gives me great comfort and I know she can hear me when I talk to her.  The human side of me still misses her like crazy.

Honored Contributor

Understand.  I had a loving mother too.  I didn't think at my age I'd still miss her  so much.  But wonderful people get missed.  There's a part of my heart that is missing.  I know my sister says the same thing.  So you aren't alone.  We were blessed to have moms like that.  So, take heart, we understand. Heart

@CalminHeart

Trusted Contributor

will be 10 years this Christmas and still think of her every day.  Classy and polite.  Things that I dont see much of these days.  Taught me to always take the high road.  Love her more than ever even though she's gone.   The lessons taught years ago are more important now than ever. 

Lovely post, wishing you peace.  A year is such a short time. 

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My mom died this past Thanksgiving.  I miss her so much sometimes that it is painful.  She was my rock, best friend, and confidant.  She always knew what to say.  I have some issues going on in my life and talk to her about them but would love to get her advice, hug her, and hear her say "I love you more" one more time.  

My religion believes in the unity of the living and those in Heaven, that we're not really separated but just in different places.  This gives me great comfort and I know she can hear me when I talk to her.  The human side of me still misses her like crazy.

@CalminHeartYour mom sounds like my mom, she was my everything,,,,the great love of my life. I have a wonderful husband and children but love between a mother and daughter is different. She has been gone 8 years and life just is not the same. We were lucky to have such great moms.

Honored Contributor

It'll be 15 whole years since I lost my mom this October. She has sooo been on my mind! Every time I think of her tears sting my eyes. Throughout my life it was always me and her, the only females in our family. Yes, I now am blessed with lovely daughter-in-laws now, but I still can't confide in them like I could with my mom. I talk to her all the time and ask her to watch out for my family. She has. Ok, starting to cry again....

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Hugs to all of us who experience the loss of a special person so keenly. 

Although I’m not innately superstitious, I’ve come to realize that they are often closer to us than we expect.

I am a firm believer in the capacity of both saints and Saints to intercede for us and counsel us, and I have had experiences that confirm that I have experienced this.

if your Dear Ones know you are missing them you might try inviting them to comfort and console you. Don’t be too surprised if they do!

I lost a wonderful relative and friend four years ago, and have recently become enmeshed in some serious issues with a mutual relative whom we share. I have no doubt that she is supporting my efforts to solve things.

Believe!

Honored Contributor

I don't think we ever get over losing our mom's...not to leave out dad....he has passed as well.   I remember like it was yesterday the day she passed and I also recall that I grieved for a year.....then one day I just felt like a weight had lifted from mys shoulders, not that I did not miss her but that heavy sadness was gone

I think of her daily, wish she was still on this earth but I also know we will be reunited some day....she died at 62.

Thinking of all of you that have expressed the sadness of losing your loving mother.

Honored Contributor

It’s been 9 years this past April that mom went to heaven. I feel so blessed to have had her as my mom and I know I’m the woman I am today is because of her. Love you mom.

6EE510C9-E153-410D-B965-96819BB3D477.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm sure it must be very hard particularly since you were so close.  It sounds like you did have a wonderful and warm relationship.

My mother is still alive at 91 and we've never been close.  I've longed to have a warm  relationship with her and envy those who do.  I wish I knew what that felt like.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm sure it must be very hard particularly since you were so close.  It sounds like you did have a wonderful and warm relationship.

My mother is still alive at 91 and we've never been close.  I've longed to have a warm  relationship with her and envy those who do.  I wish I knew what that felt like.

While I had a very loving mom and had a great relationship with her, I long for and envy those with a mother-daughter relationship.  I’m sorry for your relationship with your mom.