Trusted Contributor

I guess this is my day to be upset

I don't know if this story has made the national news; if not, here's the crux of it:

A few dats ago, a man invaded a birthday party for a little girl who was turning three year old. For some infathomable reason, he stabbled many if not all the children, including the little girl who was turning 3, and she died as a result.

I have a wonderful little granddaughter who turned 3 years old less than a week ago. I hope her mother hasn't been following this storry because I know it would upset her greatly.

As I said, I guess this is my day to be upset about things like this. I have some business to attend to today but I think I'll cancel it; I just feel too bad to be cheerful and friendly.

Hug you children; hug 'em and kiss 'em and hold them tight!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I guess this is my day to be upset

I know what you mean. I think of my grandson whom I adore more than  anything whenever something like this happens to kids. So random and unnecessary. It’s just heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

I too have followed this story and find it extremely disturbing. I recall all 3 of my grands who I am crazy about when they were 3 years old, it's a darling, sweet age.

The killer is pure evil and I hope they lock him up and throw away the key. If I got my hands on him, I'd do a lot worse than that.

IMO those who harm innocent chldren have a special place in hell.

I agree, hug the kiddos, no matter their age.

Honored Contributor

I think I understood that this was not a random attack.

The attacker was known to the family

Random crimes are rare and thank goodness for that.

Anyone who harms a child needs to be under the jail.

Honored Contributor

This story upset me too. How awful. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is so disturbing.  That sweet little girl certainly didn't deserve this.  I hope the animal responsible gets the justice he deserves!!!

Violent attacks have got to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  Especially those guilty of attacking children, disabled, and the elderly.  There are no excuses to let the predator off the hook!!!

Respected Contributor

The man had been asked to move out of the apt building because of his “bad behavior.” He came back and attacked the children and then the mother’s protecting them. Horrible.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I guess this is my day to be upset/"I love you"

When my son was born we lived in San Diego. When he was 4 months old, someone went into a local Mc Donald's and shot a whole lot of people. One was a young mother and her 8 month-old-baby, and it turns out she was pregnant with another one. They were all buried in the same casket together.

I cried for days; I couldn't get the mental picture of my little baby, plus the mother with her baby, out of my mind. All San Diego felt pretty much the same way.

I'm so grateful my son is all grown up and safe and I always make sure to say "I love you" to him, and to my other relatives--especially my granddaughter.

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace

There is no hell hot enough for a human who would do something so unforgivable, and yet, it continues to happen. I don't understand the moral compass of the world these days. 

I'm afraid this man would never live to see trial.  My husband would find a way to kill him first.  We are old and our granddaughter breathes life into our lives.  If something so horrible happened to her, I'm not sure that either of us could take it.

I know that sounds like a terrible statement, and we are people of strong faith, but I truly believe that our hearts just could not take the pain.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard this horrific story. It’s unbearable to even think about it. I have two daughters and two granddaughters so I can all too easily identify with that poor family. They came to the United States for a better life, as most of our own ancestors did. It is so very tragic.