Esteemed Contributor

Re: I guess this is my day to be upset/"I love you"

@FuzzyFace wrote:

When my son was born we lived in San Diego. When he was 4 months old, someone went into a local Mc Donald's and shot a whole lot of people. One was a young mother and her 8 month-old-baby, and it turns out she was pregnant with another one. They were all buried in the same casket together.

I cried for days; I couldn't get the mental picture of my little baby, plus the mother with her baby, out of my mind. All San Diego felt pretty much the same way.

I'm so grateful my son is all grown up and safe and I always make sure to say "I love you" to him, and to my other relatives--especially my granddaughter.

I have three grown sons...and I started praying over them when they were born...I pray everyday..twice a day....I KNOW that God will protect them..IF I was one of these mothers, I wouldn't want to live...the pain would be too great! I also say "I love you" when I see them...I remember hearing about this shooting...years ago...these things haunt you!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

Re: I guess this is my day to be upset/"I love you"

That little girl’s birthday party happened 30 minutes from my house. 😭  We’re still trying to make sense of the San  Bernardino “massacre,” the devastating wildfires, and the Turpin family. The national news is bad. Our local news here in So. Cal has been equally as heartbreaking. God Speed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I guess this is my day to be upset

I don't know if I would be able to deal with that happening to any of my children...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are just so many mentally ill people loose on the streets today in out cities.  No one what's to really deal with it.... Here is Seattle we have  homeless mental cases living on streets everywhere attacking people. A few weeks ago a man attacked a visiting family  of 4 on the street on their way to go to the Space Needle.... stabbing them with a knife for no reason.  He was just crazy.

I personally will not go to down town Seattle EVER. IT IS A HUGE Cesspool  OF DANGER AND FIILTH WHERE THE HOMELESS  DEFECATE THE SIDEWALKS.... just disgusting. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is such a different world today.....I fear being in the wrong place at the wrong time...

Honored Contributor

Our state rid itself of mental hospitals and institutions where poor people who had severe mental and developmental problems  were housed and cared for. People need help and our society does not want to spend the money to help these people and their families. No sane person kills children for the heck of it or because they are mad about something. People can be upset and condemn all they want, but unless we are willing to do something about it so this does not occur, we will have more of the same. Our country has never had so many well educated people in it and yet I feel like our society is going backward instead of forward.

Valued Contributor

The Trader Joe’s tragedy can be added to my prior list!! 😞

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I don't know if I would be able to deal with that happening to any of my children...

Me either. If someone hurt my granddaughter the only reason I wouldn't kill them with my bare hands is that I can't be a good grandma from prison.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99

Oh I hate to get political!  I know that's the death sentence for a thread.  However, sadly sometimes we must go there.  Don't blame your state for closing hospitals for people with mental problems.  Blame the federal government.  

I won't name the president, but back in the 1970's one president decided it was cruel to keep people "locked up". Many facilities were closed which left former residents homeless.  You can research this for more info.  

The saying "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" applies to this matter. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nicstate, federal or local, we vote these people in to serve us and they are not doing it.