Respected Contributor

Re: I failed the test and it feels bad

@dex  that's a great idea!

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Thanks to all who replied..you made mr feel better anf if I do see her again I will ask her to have coffee with me at a Starbucks and tell me all about school and what she is studying.

And I  bet she told her Mom all about the lovely woman she met that day and how much better she felt that you gave her a hug.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

That was sweet of you to give her a hug and think of her. I know it's too late now but if anything like that happens again you could always pay it forward for someone else & pay for the items. Just a thought. I agree that even tho she seems nice , she was a stranger and I wouldn't have brought her home. 

Esteemed Contributor

For me personally, I would NOT go over to some strangers home, just because they invited me over.

I also would not meet some stanger at a coffee shop.

Lastly, I would not want some stranger hugging me.

Just wishing her a happy birthday was enough.

Trusted Contributor

I think either inviting her to your home or buying her a nice cake, would have been over the top. She's a total stranger. 

If I were her, having you invite me home, or buy me a cake, would have made me uncomfortable.  I would have felt like I came across as a whiner.  And frankly, I would have wondered, why a stranger, in the grocery store, would go to such lengths. 

It's sweet of you to think of these gestures, and what you did was very nice. I definitely don't think you should feel bad about not doing more.