Honored Contributor

Re: I can't wait for my granddaughter to grow up

@FuzzyFace. Enjoy the time with your granddaughter. I have two that are 2 and 5(sisters).....They are both so funny and so much fun to be around! They don't live in the same town as us, but are only 2 hours away...We usually see them twice a month and have them spend the night very often....The time is so precious, as they grow up so darn fast!

Our 5 year old is in kindergarten now, and already I see lots of changes.......Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to your daughter as well. I am sure she will enjoy that one day a week, and is very grateful for it!

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@FuzzyFace  I think you are the best grandmommy ever and your granddaughter is one lucky little girl and, of course, healing prayers are being sent to her mom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a nice thing to say! Thank you very much :-)

Respected Contributor

Enjoy her. The time goes by fast. My oldest granddaughter got married last month. Thinking back I truly enjoyed the times we spent together. Prayers for her Mom.

Valued Contributor

Oh, I would probably be bashed for some of the things my grandkids and I do and say.  My daughter looks at me like I'm crazy for some of the things we do. I think you get much more laid back with them.  Things that seemed so important with my daughter, I am much more easy going with my grandkids.  I just look at them and my heart fills with such love.  Sending good wishes for your daughter-in-law's speedy recovery. 

Respected Contributor

FuzzyFace, prayers for your DIL and enjoy your granddaughter !  I kept my 3 yo grandson overnight and all day today and I think I lost 10 lbs. He is the busiest little boy ! as a matter of fact I call him Mr. Busy.  Best wishes to you and your family

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace,

I hope you’ve been writing all of her amusing antics and words on paper, as by the time your granddaughter reaches the age she’s going to be interested in hearing these things, your memory won’t be what it is now.  

I’ve been going thru this with my mom for many years now as she tries to remember these things about her 3 grands.   Essentially her memories of those days are at best a hit and miss now.   

Valued Contributor

I care for my 2 year old granddaughter a couple of times a week.  She is so much fun! She always has something to say or a song to sing or a dance she wants us to do. Talk about energy. Her speed is nonstop. She runs not walks and keeps me hopping. But I cherish every moment because the years to do quickly. I am blessed. Prayers for your family members during this recovery time.

Esteemed Contributor

My Grandmother kept a journal with memories of our times together. I started one for my Granddaughter when she was born up to present day. 

Only a page at a time and just when I think to do it. She's 11 now and there's still lots of room in that book for memories and to remind her of our time together!

She helped me put flowers down at the Cemetery last week. Without asking she picked up branches that had fallen even though the Staff would do it. I need to write that for her now!

Trusted Contributor

i spent many hurs at my grtandparents'  home and the memories are very dear to me.

Honored Contributor

Isn’t the saying..what goes at grandmas stays at grandmas!

I did some crazy things with my son while he was young.We had skip out days..twice a year when he was in school.We watched cartoons,went out for lunch and did a little toy shopping.We carried the skip out days over into high school as he enjoyed them so much.I got lots of time to just talk and find out his thoughts on many things going on in his life.I enjoyed those times as much as he did and I wish he wasn’t all grown up and living in another state.I could really use another skip out day.