Trusted Contributor

I can't wait for my granddaughter to grow up

[ Edited ]

...so I can tell her about what she did when she was a little kid. She's only 3 years old and already my DH and I have plenty of amusing/surprising things she's done or said to tell her about when she grows up.

I won't tell what they are here because I'm sure some people will be all over me like a cheap suit, telling me what an awful little brat she is (she's not), what a bad granddmother I am, etc.

We're going to start babysitting her one day a week--she's an energetic, busy little girl and her mother, who just had surgery on her face because of skin cancer and it was more painful and tiring than expected, needs a break from time to time. Plus every other sentence begins with "why"--yep, she's at that stage.

Please send out some good thoughts/prayers/whatever for my DIL; she would really appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

Re: I can't wait for my granddaughter to grow up

Sending prayers to your DIL and family at this time of much needed rest and recovery. 

296BB1A3-3382-46E0-A8F3-1D4757D18531.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Sending prayers to your DIL.

Enjoy your time with your granddaughter.  That time will be so special to her down the line.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FuzzyFace  I think you are the best grandmommy ever and your granddaughter is one lucky little girl and, of course, healing prayers are being sent to her mom.

Respected Contributor

Enjoy every minute .. sems like just yesterday my 15 year old grandaughter

was 3 ....it was just like having my 2 children back for a time ....sometimes

she had us laughing so hard I couldn't catch my brealth ....

From the first day she was born until now ... everytime I see her i think...

" God .. I love that child "    

Respected Contributor

i welcomed my own first grandchild in August.  

i went out and picked up a standard old composition book from the drugstore and started writing letters to her.   they are nothing spectacular, ... just notes about how i feel, what she is doing, what we do together, etc.  of course she is just an infant now, so it's pretty boring and basic, but i can't wait till i can read to her and take her on little outings here and there.   in the meantime, as basic and boring as it is,   .... it is an accurate record of our time together. 

oh, and btw, i will be 70 in april, .... so who knows how long i will be around to watch her grow.  i want to be sure to record these little day-to=day events for her! 

hope you enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

I love little ones at that age, I always say that 2 to 5 are the best years.  The things that come out of their mouths!  My two grands are getting there, they are a month apart in age and will be 2 in Dec and Jan.  Can't wait till next summer!  I actually babysat my great niece one day a week for 2 years.  Started when she was 3 and then she went to school when she was 5.  I really enjoyed my Wednesdays with her, I miss her but we do have sleep overs here every other Friday.  We babysit so her parents can have a date night.  She is so funny. I don't know what parents who don't have family near them do because it really does take a village today.  Good wishes and prayers to your DIL.

Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i welcomed my own first grandchild in August.  

i went out and picked up a standard old composition book from the drugstore and started writing letters to her.   they are nothing spectacular, ... just notes about how i feel, what she is doing, what we do together, etc.  of course she is just an infant now, so it's pretty boring and basic, but i can't wait till i can read to her and take her on little outings here and there.   in the meantime, as basic and boring as it is,   .... it is an accurate record of our time together. 

oh, and btw, i will be 70 in april, .... so who knows how long i will be around to watch her grow.  i want to be sure to record these little day-to=

day events for her! 

hope you enjoy! 

What a great idea! I wish I'd thought of that

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace,

For your DIL,

http://media.salemwebnetwork.com/cms/IB/37564-praying-feel-better-soon.1100w.tn.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes to your daughter in law @FuzzyFace.  

I'm sure you are a wonderful grandmom.  Enjoy every moment with your granddaughter; I'll bet the two of you will have so much fun.  Yes, probably best to keep the details to yourself.  People around her can be brutal!  

I babysit my 5 year old grandson a couple of days a week and my time with him is always the highlight of my life.  Being a grandparent is the best!