Respected Contributor

I don't think you are a bad Mom at all. They are not your Mom. Their own children should get them something and if they are to young then their Dads should take them to get something for their Moms. I get something for my Mom because she is my Mom. Nothing wrong with getting them something if you want to but you should not feel obligated to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

I also buy my daughters Mothers Day gifts....they get me gifts....we both understand the meaning of the day!!

Have a beautiful Mothers Day!!

Trusted Contributor

I always get a small Mother's Day gift for my daughter and my daughter-in-law.  We celebrate the day together and we celebrate each other as moms.  

The gifts are always just a little something that they enjoy, nothing extravgant.  In the past I've given such things as a small plant for their garden, gourmet cookies, new summer PJs or a small box of their favorite chocolates.  They always seem to enjoy and appreciate these small treasures.  As for myself, I honestly don't want or expect anything in return.  Just spending some time together is the best gift for me.  🤗

Honored Contributor

I have never, ever gotten a Mother's Day gift from anyone than DH when the boys were little, and he still gets me a little something from the pup.  My DS and DIL give me a gift.

I do gift my DIL on Mother's Day because she is the girl I always wanted.  She is an awesome mother to our grandsons.  I gift her whenever I see something she'd like, but I love to get her things.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Of course you should do what you wish. That said......

IMO, don't run to the mall and save your money.

Mothers Day is the day gifts come to you.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

I'm sure you were being "facetious" about being a "bad" mother because seems to me from your posts you are a wonderful mom who remembers every special occassion for your family.  (I do the same).

I don't buy my DIL a card/gift or anything else as she doesn't appreciate it NOR does she ever acknowledge anything.  I even stopped for her bday, Christmas, etc.  

Although, I always send my son a Father's Day Card as he is a wonderful dad to my GD.  He is both mother and father IMO perhaps I should send him a "mothers day card" ....wink!

Happy Mother's Day to you!  I was just home and my boys, niece and my closest cousins & their daughters all went to brunch -- it was wonderful!  

Honored Contributor

Wow, I had no idea so many got their daughters & son something for Mom and Dad Day.  If you like it then by all means go for it.

Happy Mothers Day to all with 2 legged kiddo's and 4 legged fur critters!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

This is just me and my humble opinion.  And not meant to criticize those who think differently.

I always acknowledge my DIL on Mother’s Day.  She is the mother to our two grandchildren and is certainly a devoted mother.  I personally tend to be more inclusive than some people.  A card and a gift acknowledges her hard work and devotion to her family.  Our son is also recognized on Father’s

Day, as well, as he is a fine father.

Again, just me.  It doesn’t have to be extravagant, but I think I would rather include rather than exclude.  Why not use an occasion to recognize someone?  It’s so nice to receive recognition.  Why not build bridges whenever you can.

Again, just me.  Please no attacks.  I am not attacking anyone.

Super Contributor

No such thing as a bad mother unless you are abusing or neglecting them. I think we all reach an age where the most precious gift we can give or get from our children and family is time together and making a memory. The best gift can be sitting around the table telling "remember the time we...." stories. Enjoy your day with your family.

Respected Contributor

We buy for my daughter in law and her mom. They are both the best. Always a hanging flower basket. We spend the day together. Our moms have passed. My husband always gets me a plant for the deck.  Happy Mother’s Day to all.