Honored Contributor

Sometimes I cannot believe myself.  Hubby texted and asked me what I bought our girls for Mother's Day.  I suppose it dawn on me that they are mothers too now and we will all be together on Mother's Day.  They planned such a lovely day it just never ocurred to me.  Just like when they were kids, I want to get them something similar.  They are 14 months apart and are more like twins than sisters.  One has an anniversary in June, the other in July.  As much as I don't like Malls, I think I'll drive over tomorrow when I break for lunch and get them each a bottle of their favorite cologne.  One wears Dior J'adore and the other wears Versace Crystal.  I wrote that down when I was making Christmas lists, the list was still in my phone.  I didn't tell hubby I forgot....LOL

Honored Contributor

I find it a little odd that you would buy your daughters a mothers day gift.  They should be buying you one.  I do not buy my daughter a gift for moms day nor my son for dads day.

You not a bad mom.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  Your choice, of course...but I've never heard of mothers buying their daughters gifts for Mother's Day. Yes, they are mothers now, but their husbands & children should be taking care of that. They should be getting YOU gifts (which I'm sure they will).

Whatever you do, Happy Mothers Day! I wish my mom & mother-in-law were still here to celebrate it with.

Esteemed Contributor

i always buy my daughter and daughter-in-law mother's day gifts.....same with my son and son-in-law father's day gifts.....

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I find it a little odd that you would buy your daughters a mothers day gift.  They should be buying you one.  I do not buy my daughter a gift for moms day nor my son for dads day.

You not a bad mom.

Families do things differently now.  My grandparents did not give their daughters gifts on Mother's Day, cards but not gifts.  We gave the girls small gifts on their first Mother's Day and it seems like it became a custom that hubby wants to continue.  Some of my friends do it, some don't.  I'm ok either way but since hubby likes the idea, I like the idea.  Last year, he gave each of them rose bushes for their gardens so  the idea didn't stick with me.  It will next year.  Still, I put it on the calendar in my phone.  

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree 

You're not a bad mom. I think its lovely you want to do something for your girls, but remember, you are their mom and they are not yours. I hope they treat you to something very nice.

cookin

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Oh! I am SO SURE you are a bad mom...not!

Well, I didn’t forget, but when I asked DH he said that I shouldn’t getvDD anything because she is not my mom!

Lol...well, then he mentioned that we don’t want to outshine her DH, our DSIL.

🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i always buy my daughter and daughter-in-law mother's day gifts.....same with my son and son-in-law father's day gifts.....

@nana59 If I had children I think I would do the same.  Nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

DD is a kitty "mom." Her kitty and the others always give her a gift! Smiley Wink

Cat Mom Charm Bangle

Esteemed Contributor

I always gave my sister a Mother’s Day gift. She was a mom and she deserved to be recognized. When her daughter got older we went together to shop for her mom and bought gifts that worked well together. My sister loved it. Didn’t cost much and the results were well worth it to me. Happy Mother’s Day to all!  ❤️