Honored Contributor

Re: I am a bad mother...

[ Edited ]

I am a little late, just seeing this post. I have two grown daughters that are both Mothers, and I buy them a little something for Mother's Day every year.....

My oldest daughter is divorced with one child, so I always feel like if I didn't get her something, yes she would get something from her son from school, but I just feel like it is a little something extra for her.....

I generally don't spend a lot of money, but do get them both either some perfume, or candles, etc......My husband doesn't understand this either, but that's ok.... They get me something nice every year, and I also buy my son in law something at Father's Day as well....

Respected Contributor

I have never in my life even heard of someone giving their child a mother's day gift  until this thread.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Respected Contributor

I don't give my daughter-in-law a present for Mother's Day but I do send her a card. I want her to know I appreciate what a good mother she is to my granddaughter.

On the other hand, if she gave me a present for Mother's Day, I think the shock might kill me.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree @I really miss your posts...hope you are well.

Frequent Contributor

I always give my DILs a Mother's Day gift in honor that they made me a

Grandma and I thank them for being so special to my sons.