Respected Contributor

My mother's day started yesterday, my daughter had a bouquet of roses and other flowers delivered, then today she had  a box with 3 varieties of decaf coffee delivered  and sent me a very very nice gift certifcate  from QVC (she knows her mom ! Time to shop !) My son gave me 2 (not 1 but 2 ) beautiful mother's day cards that brought tears to my eyes and after church he and his wife came over and brought lunch so we got to enjoy a wonderful visit since we have been fully vaccinated.  Awesome and blessed day !  How was your day mom ? I hope you truly enjoyed it because there is no one like mom !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How was your Mother's day ?

Had a nice day. One of my sons gave me a Roku stick thing and a years subscription to Discovery +.  AND SOME GODIVA CANDY. Whoopee.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   What a lovely day you had.  How lucky you are to have such appreciative and attentive children. I got kisses from 2 dogs.... that's about it.  They did urge me to buy a new Dooney handbag but it's not here yet. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Mine was very nice, too. My husband gave me a dozen roses yesterday, then served me blueberry pancakes in bed this morning. My son gave me a very nice card today with an Amazon gift card. We picked up a surf and turf dinner from a nearby restaurant which was delicious. My special dessert request is a mint chocolate chip blizzard from Dairy Queen, which my son will get in a little while. All told, a lovely day.

Esteemed Contributor

My son brought take out dinner Friday and Saturday nights. Last night he gave me a dozen purple roses. I'd never seen purple ones before. Also a cute card.

He owns a business and had to work today so he texted this morning with a happy Mother's  day bunch of roses in the photo. 
   I had texts from both granddaughters wishing me a nice Mother's Day but haven't heard from my grandson. He texted  his Dad last night about football but didn't  text me. Guess it's a guy thing! 
  I'm hearing disabled also have to text or e mail. I do have a landline that is captioned but can't hear it ring, 

I'm so glad I have my dog! It was a beautiful day and we had many walks. I drove to the river and did tai chi watching the herons and gulls. 
        🌹 🥗 🍲 🦮 ☀️ 🥋

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

1. All of it sounds wonderful!  My 24 yr old son gave me stargazer lilies, my favorite flower. Even though raining today he insisted on bbqing his special blend hamburgers. He has a heart condition so covid was pretty scary; just very thankful we're both vaccinated and healthy. Happy Mother's Day to all. 20210509_113819.jpg
Esteemed Contributor

I got my DH special crepes and a mimosa for breakfast, yum!   Talked on the phone to mys sister for awhile, watched 2 hours of Jay King on HSN and bought myself a necklace.   For dinner we cooked porterhouse steaks on the grill with asparagus and sweet potatoes.   Nice bottle of wine, then watched Poldark on Amazon. 

Talked with both kids on the phone as my son was at a wedding and my daughter on vacation in Maine.

All in all, a lovely, relaxing day.  No roses, but my DH is my rose among thorns Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Mine was very special, we all( my siblings and our children) all went to church with my 89 year mother, and then after church, we all had lunch together. It meant so much to my mom since she lost her oldest daughter 2 months ago(our sister).

We knew the day would be so hard for everyone, especially my mom, so we wanted to be there for her and make sure that she enjoyed her day!!!!!She was soo happy......It was a very bittersweet day!

Respected Contributor

I spent the morning with my parents.didnt see my only child,but saw her thurs.kinda a blah day.matter of fact,kinda depressing.i watched shamless episodes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

My mother's day started yesterday, my daughter had a bouquet of roses and other flowers delivered, then today she had  a box with 3 varieties of decaf coffee delivered  and sent me a very very nice gift certifcate  from QVC (she knows her mom ! Time to shop !) My son gave me 2 (not 1 but 2 ) beautiful mother's day cards that brought tears to my eyes and after church he and his wife came over and brought lunch so we got to enjoy a wonderful visit since we have been fully vaccinated.  Awesome and blessed day !  How was your day mom ? I hope you truly enjoyed it because there is no one like mom !

@Goodie2shoes   What a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Our plans got canceled. I was at the end of a cold (still coughing) and my DIL had a cold as well. My daughter lives in WA, so she can't ever be here, but she sent a card and a cute outfit...we're the same size. Our gas grill "died" and haven't replaced it yet...we usually put steaks on for the family. So, in the end, it was just the two of us and a delicious pizza. We'll see my son and family this weekend. I think he's planning a cookout.