Trusted Contributor

How to make "bubble solution"

I wasn't sure where to post this, but thought maybe some of the Moms on this forum would have the answer.

Do you have a "recipe" for making bubbles? We are having a family reunion and thought it would be fun to have a large container of the solution and large hoops for them to make bubbles in addition to smaller size hoops.

I know I could find a "recipe" on line, but would prefer to have one from someone who has used it and knows that it works..

Thank you.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: How to make ""bubble solution""

I haven't made bubbles, but I know if I buy any other brand besides Gazillion Bubbles, I have to add Dawn dish soap to get good bubbles.

Esteemed Contributor

What You Need:

Liquid dish soap (Joy or Dawn brands work best. Try to find one that doesn't say 'Ultra')

Distilled water (tap water is okay, but distilled water makes the best bubbles)

Clean container with lid

Glycerin or light corn syrup

What You Do:

Measure 6 cups of water into one container, then pour 1 cup of dish soap into the water and slowly stir it until the soap is mixed in. Try not to let foam or bubbles form while you stir.

Measure 1 tablespoon of glycerin or 1/4 cup of corn syrup and add it to the container. Stir the solution until it is mixed together.

You can use the solution right away, but to make even better bubbles, put the lid on the container and let your super bubble solution sit overnight. (Note: If you used "Ultra" dish soap, double the amount of glycerin or corn syrup.)

Dip a bubble wand* or straw into the mixture, slowly pull it out, wait a few seconds, and then blow.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I use half water and half dawn. A friend just told me she bought some of those glo sticks, broke them open and put the stuff into bubble solution......glow-in-the-dark bubbles! I haven't tried it but definitely will!
Contributor

Re: How to make "bubble solution"

Dawn Liquid Dish Soap 8oz
Guar Gum 1Tbsp  (health food store)
Baking Powder 1Tbsp
Water 16 cups

Cotton String or Rope
2 Sticks
Washer

mix well in bucket

tie the cotton strings to the 2 sticks with the small washer on the string for weight, creating a large closed loop out of the string. bring the two sticks together without tangling the string, lower into the bubble mixture, bring up into the air and slowly open and watch for the large bubble to form and blow out into the air. makes a large free-form bubble that is amazing!