Respected Contributor

How do you sign your cards to your child and their spouse?

My daughter in law does not really call me by name or mom like some do. I am sending them an anniversary card and not sure how to sign it, I know how stupid. My parents always signed our cards mom and dad and under that their names. Just wondering how everyone else does it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you sign your cards to your child and their spouse?

I just sign ,Love mom xxoo     Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 I always sign mine "love, mom/my name" as my DIL is wonderful!! but she is very close to her own mom and we agreed early on that calling me by my first name worked just fine for both of us! I love her to death.

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

My daughter in law does not really call me by name or mom like some do. I am sending them an anniversary card and not sure how to sign it, I know how stupid. My parents always signed our cards mom and dad and under that their names. Just wondering how everyone else does it.

What does she call you?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

My sons-in-law call my husband and I by our first names.  So if I sign a card just to a son-in-law I use our first names but if it were a card to both my daughter and son-in-law, I would sign it mom & dad/(our first names). 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I agree with everyone...love mom.I always put love ya both and then love mom.

Honored Contributor

How about "Love Mom (first name)"?  Doesn't that cover all bases?

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@panda1234 I always sign mine "love, mom/my name" as my DIL is wonderful!! but she is very close to her own mom and we agreed early on that calling me by my first name worked just fine for both of us! I love her to death.

@Love my grandkids   I think I will copy you with mom/my name.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

How about "Love Mom (first name)"?  Doesn't that cover all bases?

Yes it does and that is what I am going to do @Sooner . Thanks

Honored Contributor

Everyone (and I have a very large extended family) we all call each other by our names.....I've posted here before...my name is Linda and that's what I want my sons-in-law to call me.

I'm not THEIR mom and my late husband was not THEIR father.

If other's want to call them mom or dad that's totally a preference but if it was said to me I'd say, "Thanks...but is it OK if you call me Linda...that's what I prefer.

I would think some mom and dad's might feel slighted.  I wouldn't care, I guess.

Thank goodness I don't have that in my family.

To my oldest daughter I'm mom, to my middle daughter she calls me (sometimes) mommie and my youngest calls me mom or Marmy (after Little Women).  She has called me that sometimes since she was very little.

I referred to my mother Mother as I never lived with her and we became friends later in life.

As I said, "It's all good, one way or another".