Honored Contributor

Re: How do you acknowledge Mother’s Day for your daughter in law?

I don't think it's necessary, or even desirable.  You would get her a gift and she would get you a gift and the gifts would cancel-out.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honored Contributor

Sad.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I have 2 daughters, and one is married and one ids divorced. I get them both a beautiful card, and a gift, and this year they will

both come down the day before and we go out to eat. That way on Mother's Day they can spend time with their own families. My married daughter has two small girls, and my divorced daughter has a Son.

It will be a very hard Mother's Day this year, as my Mom passed away in March of this year, and we were all so close to her, it will be a hard one, as in the past we always went to church with her on Mother's Day and then had Dinner with her after church in her church Dining Room.. Everyone had a photo session and received a rose.. So a tough year for us this year....  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have 2 daughters, and one is married and one ids divorced. I get them both a beautiful card, and a gift, and this year they will

both come down the day before and we go out to eat. That way on Mother's Day they can spend time with their own families. My married daughter has two small girls, and my divorced daughter has a Son.

It will be a very hard Mother's Day this year, as my Mom passed away in March of this year, and we were all so close to her, it will be a hard one, as in the past we always went to church with her on Mother's Day and then had Dinner with her after church in her church Dining Room.. Everyone had a photo session and received a rose.. So a tough year for us this year....  

Blessings to you @CANDLEQUEEN on this first Mother's Day after your mom passing.  Mine left this world the Wednesday after Mother's Day in 2013.  I spent it sitting next to her beside.  Your daughters will be honored to be with you.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Blessings to you @CANDLEQUEEN on this first Mother's Day after your mom passing.  Mine left this world the Wednesday after Mother's Day in 2013.  I spent it sitting next to her beside.  Your daughters will be honored to be with you.

@beckyb1012 Thank you so much Becky. It will be hard but we will get through it...I appreciate your kind words!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I hope your mother's day is filled with cherished memories that make you smile!  I think you are very wise and thoughtful to take daughters out to eat before so they can spend it with their children.  It makes kids so happy to make a big deal of it for their mom--make cards and such.

My dad and I always felt like my mom sort of ditched us on mother's day to spend it with her family.  He would want to take us out for Mother's day lunch but she spent it with her mom and sistes most years.  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I am so incredibly sorry to hear of your mother's recent passing. Sending you peace and comfort to bear the loss and grief felt with her absence this Mother's Day. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I hope your mother's day is filled with cherished memories that make you smile!  I think you are very wise and thoughtful to take daughters out to eat before so they can spend it with their children.  It makes kids so happy to make a big deal of it for their mom--make cards and such.

My dad and I always felt like my mom sort of ditched us on mother's day to spend it with her family.  He would want to take us out for Mother's day lunch but she spent it with her mom and sistes most years.  

@Sooner Thank you Sooner!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I am so incredibly sorry to hear of your mother's recent passing. Sending you peace and comfort to bear the loss and grief felt with her absence this Mother's Day. 

@GenXmuse Thank you so much!!! 

Respected Contributor

When my mother was alive, Mother's Day was always an irritating problem for me because I had one of the worst mothers on the planet. So I'd send a rather innocuous card and let it go at that. And because I finally got good and tired of her drunken carryings on, I stopped speaking to her for the last 5 years of her life, which solved the Mother'a Day problem.