Respected Contributor

Re: Help....the basic essentials for a newborn baby girl

How sweet of you to do this. My grandson is now two but I remember her always using pampers. All the other suggestions are great. I would include a pacifier or binkie in there, they like being able to suck on something. It was a life saver for a few months for her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tabbycat

5765473D-6A96-4EC5-903D-F455E8E477B9.jpeg

I posted this b/c I’m trying to find out the name of the company that makes these beautiful blankets.

aden + anais Baby swaddles 100% gauze swaddling blankets that wash/dry and hold up really well.

knit blanket (above) Living Textiles

25FB47F8-10B6-4684-8263-93DF3B1686EC.jpegHalo Sleep Sack

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Hi ladies .... update!

I can't thank you enough for yor suggestions. I had my cart ready to send but decided to try and reach my sister first. I haven't been able to talk to her except texting.

My great niece coworkers and friends have brought her so many things she doesn't need a thing!! When child services came to her home to inspect, she couldn't believe she had everything set up. With help from friends she was ready in 24 hours to bring her baby sister home.

My sister, (gn grandmother,) said everything is great, condering the circumstances, and at this time they don't need anything. Probably soon will need some things, but good for now. She told me to hang tight for now.

Sis says GN is planning to go for permanent custody and will probably get it. She has been blessed with wonderful caring friends. I'm blessed to have such caring and kind cyber friends. Thank You Thank You and may God bless each and every one. There is still hope in this world! HeartHeart

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat since she's all set for now I'd maybe send your grand niece some nice flowers or a little gift basket for herself. What she's doing is really lovely.

Honored Contributor

@Tabbycat@pigletsmom

I agree....this story makes me cry ugly tears for happiness! Awww!

I will get some more names of stuff that I really admired that DD used.  The knit striped blankets (teal for boy and shades of pink for girl) have held up so well. Colors and yarns show no signs of wear even though they were cruelly tossed into the washer/dryer. The girl’s blanket, the first, was a gift from DDs dear lifetime friend from a shop in San Fransico.

The Aden + Anais snuggles were purchased upon recommendation of the crowd that age.

Another saving item is the very warm Velcro nighttime snuggler...I was there when it was purchased so you’d think I’d remember the name (will look). It holds the baby’s arms in tight to their little bodies which helps them sleep.

I will add to this as I check back to hear more about your gn and that precious baby. Bless their hearts!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I think a Target gift card is welcomed by all new moms. 

Honored Contributor

The very best gift I got was a Walmart gift card. 

New moms (or stand in moms) never really know everything they will need those first few months. Diapers are great, but sizes change, and some babies have reactions to certain brands, and a house full of the wrong diaper is no help at all. Same for formula, sometimes they need to change for digestive or allergy reasons. 

I found no matter how well I prepared, I was needing to go to Walmart every couple of days those first few weeks. Different nipples, different formula, different diapers, it seemed so relentless for those first few weeks, until we found just what brands were going to work for him. 

So a very generous giftcard from Walmart or Target or another store close to her (and they have 2 day shipping now too) for all those unexpected things, and the things she thinks she has covered, but end up needing to be different.