Occasional Contributor

Help needed for instructions for Prepology Folding Meat Thermometer w/Tether Probe

I lost the instructions for an item that has been discontinued. The item # was K28976-Prepology Folding Meat Thermometer with Tether Probe. I called and wrote to customer service, but they said they only keep instructions for 10 months after an item has been discontinued. If anyone has the thermometer and has the instructions, please let me know. I figured QVC's customers are the best, and someone will be able to help me. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help needed for instructions for Prepology Folding Meat Thermometer w/Tether Probe

Isn't Prepology a QVC brand? It's not good they stop supporting their brands after only ten months. It would make me think twice about them. Better to stick with name brands.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Help needed for instructions for Prepology Folding Meat Thermometer w/Tether Probe

Yes, ValuSkr, Prepology is a QVC brand. I was quite surprised with the response from Customer Service. I'm hoping someone else who bought the item will have the instructions.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised QVC wasn't more helpful also. Did you happen to read through all of the reviews? Some felt it was very easy to use. The last review gives an idea of the steps involved. It got such good reviews, I'm surprised it's no longer sold! Good luck on your search.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Krimpette. At least I know people are reading the post. I did read that some thought it was easy to use. I am not new with cooking, and no matter what I did, I could not get the turkey setting (which that they had at a temp of 185), to go lower. I though 185 was too high. It just stayed at 185. It was so frustrating. Then when I called (and emailed) I got nowhere. That's when I figured I'd try the forum. Hopefully someone will have the instructions. Happy Holidays to you.

Honored Contributor

Have you tried posting this on the Kitchen & Food forum?

Occasional Contributor

Yes Krimpette, I did post it on Kitchen & Food forum, no replies there. Thanks for your help.

I was also looking for a manual, as one did not come with it.  I did however notice that if you keep scrolling thru the meats, that it does have a setting for Turkey at 165, also a Chicken at 165.  Both of those also have a setting at 180.  The PGM, when you press and hold the MEMORY button till the temperature starts flashing, you can then press the MEAT/ALERT button and set it to the temperature that you want.  You probably already know all of this by now, but it helped me to write it down since I just came across mine hidden in a drawer, never used.  I'm going to use it this week though.