Respected Contributor

Re: Help! Should I quit my job?

@SchnauzerMommyNYC wrote:
Thank you all for the advice. Very insightful. I'm blessed to have support from family. My mother in law is retired and watches the baby for free during the day so I can work. My husband and I alternate the night shift so we both can bond and care for the baby. I'm under contract for another few months and then I'll be asked to renew my contract or let them know I'm leaving. I have a few months to make the move and plan appropriately. I feel hope after reading your messages and what others have been through. I will definitely keep you posted. Thank you!

Look for another job,  Maybe by the time your contract is up you'll have another job.  Good Luck!  Don't jump from the frying pan into the fire or do anything rash.  Maintain professional standards.

Esteemed Contributor

The origional post is over a year old.

I wonder if she quit her job?

Regular Contributor

Please qvie your notice ASAP!!  I am a "seasoned" woman speaking from experience.   about 30 years ago, I lived through a job similiar to this (with a nightmare boss who was abusive).  I tried to "ride it out" believing it would either get better or I would be able to adjust...neither one happened. I was newly married and needed the income, medical insurance, etc.  

Long story short, I left after 5 years because I was getting physically and emotionally sick.

You've got nothing to gain here.

Stay home with your young child (if you can afford to do so financially).  If not, find another job where you are treated with respect and dignity.  

You will never regret leaving this job, AND i CAN PROMISE YOU THAT!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never quit your job, unless you have money to live on for awhile.

never quit your job, unless you have another one lined up.

(general rules)

Esteemed Contributor

This thread was started in JANUARY of 2015.

I'm sure that she has made a decision by now, EIGHTEEN MONTHS LATER.

Respected Contributor

Quit it ASAP! How much money will you make while you are in the hospital from a breakdown? A new mom should not have stress all day, work long hours, and then bring work home, especially for that kind of boss! Run, don't walk!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

Quit it ASAP! How much money will you make while you are in the hospital from a breakdown? A new mom should not have stress all day, work long hours, and then bring work home, especially for that kind of boss! Run, don't walk!

You do realize that this thread is over a year and a half old, right?

I'm sure that she has made her decision by now.

Respected Contributor

Oops! Well, it was very late (been having insomnia) and I'm new to all this! With help, like yours, I'll learn! Unfortunately, I learn by my mistakes! Grateful for any help I get!

Respected Contributor

That's sound advice! Unfortunately, I've seen the result of sticking it out until...it nearly took my dh! I agree money has to be number two on list of concerns, but health has to be first.

Respected Contributor

A little help please...if it is that old, why was it so close to top of list? I also think I'm not the only one who answered this late. Did I get that right?Smiley Embarassedsmileylol: