Contributor

Re: Help! Should I quit my job?

On 1/19/2015 nutmeg3 said: I would leave. Your physical and mental health is not for sale.

Great post!

Honored Contributor

Life is way too precious to waste a moment on someone toxic and mean. Sounds like you have lots of support at home.

Congratulations & Best wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

On 5/9/2015 bc5689 said:
On 1/19/2015 nutmeg3 said: I would leave. Your physical and mental health is not for sale.

Great post!

I've walked on a couple jobs. Easier to adjust your style of living, than recover from a nervous breakdown.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

Look for another job. Ideally, try to find another job before quitting...if that's not possible, leave before ending up with serious emotional distress. I know people who ended up with PTSD as a result of persistent and pervasive hostility and negativity exhibited by their bosses. You had a life before you got this job... there is life after this one as well...after all, the most important things are your family and health. Don't let anybody bring you down spiritually, take back your power.
Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 judgejudith said:

Find another job first, then quit. Always easier to get a job when you already have a job!

I agree, and try not to let her attitude make you ill. Wishing the best for you. That woman is probably so miserable herself, she probably doesn't even like being in her own skin.

Super Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about this.

This type of situation can run rampant especially during a down economy. Not sure how the company gets away with not having an HR dept.

The culprits (bad bosses) can be emboldened because they think people won't leave higher paying jobs / positions.

About seven years ago, I read an article that addressed losing or leaving high paying jobs during an economic downturn. The bottom line is you would likely find a lower paying job within a reasonable amount of time. Conversely, it would take about six years to replace your previous higher paying job.

Start looking for another job. This job can effect your health and it's just not worth it!

Honored Contributor

n/m

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If you read her update, she has already quit the job and found another.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the OP, wonderful news!

Do the math.
Not applicable

Do not leave your job until you are not finding a new a job .