Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT , 

Firstly,           Heart   7    Heart

I want to shower your little granddaughter with hugs, balloons of different colors;

` One Great Happy Birthday` on her seventh year bringing you joy , love and many glad cheers of happiness. 

It has been a beautiful day, and I'll tell you how thankful we were.

I will ---------------WILL get back to you after I have complete quiet.

Maybe 60 minutes?    

Woman Happy NAES

Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned, one very great overwhelming Happy day Smiley Happy having our son come in.

We had so many different foods, and the main ha, Naes' entree was something I had not even had a thought how it may turn out, w/o following a recipe.

I suppose many do that, I just do not. Haa, he helped me with the spices- that's a 1st!

Sashay even had some of my first go round mystery baked creation. Cat Happy -I bought a new USA made thick glass baking dish and found that the ordered EVOO was a thousand % better than what I normally use.

Used a lot of butter which I normally do not use, along with roasted sweet onions++ real green beans. BIG difference; yum. Forgot the biscuits, though...........takes too much time.

Did not cause an -Oh No-  ...  haaaaaaaaa frenzy since we usually stay away from bread.

He's a doll, Pam, and loves talking about vintage cars with dad.  'of course he got his looks from me'

There are no words to tell you how proud we are .... Blessed would come as close  chatting away with my late scattered brain, now. 

Back to questions: there is no vaccine. It's vicious. Spread quickly. More countries are pacing up the count than the past two days.  

At this time= over 84,300 world wide cases vs 83,000 two hours ago | 2,800 deaths world wide.

Just learned that Guatemala has their 1st case three hours ago.

There is no 100% protective mask - although one with three layers of carbon is about 75% effective.

The mask has to really cover up to the base of eyes from a tight hold from the chin with supportive string that have tight long wrap around string for ears support / ties, or a special one; the newest tech material that can be worn 15 times after each washing in a special solution, which I will give out later.

Supplies are being made here to make as many as possible / $59.00 per one. A cloth or surgical one is of very little use.

Every country is apparently totally mandated that -- (of certain areas) to wear one where more prone to have contact, now- now.  

The best I can offer, as we are doing, is stay away from crowds, open places, and a very good idea to have 3 weeks of foods already stored- canned good and freezer foods.           The Best ...and I know you've heard this over & over is Wash Your hands...never touch your eyes w/o washing.

It IS airborne; the nose, mouth and eyes is [its] entry for this particular one.

The 2019 flu H1N1 is still in full force, and the stronger one for 2020 from 2019/ September is the more aggressive or dangerous of the two, but as far as I can detail this, both are very >>>OUT THERE.

Again, avoid being around people coughing, sneezing, or a slight old that you can observe. Many countries have lok downs, all businesses closed until THEY know otherwise.

Schools? I have not heard much about -any- yet. 

I have three main sources where I receive info.

Saturday will be different charting their stats. 

"So far, we have this pretty much on radar  _ until_ we learn how many are roaming around contagious.

The passengers from the Crystal, and those that were quarantined ( I know too early to release) - and now out

...that a big IF"!   Understanding that one person has this virus, '''''' had not been out of house for weeks''''' (?).

Learning more of that situation. The 'C' gov't. has not released how many of their med team has died, and I have no faith what they are trustworthy saying, although the head of IN CHARGE says the communication is good ( I do trust him as much as anyone). He's as perplexed as the rest.

Best science minds working. 'C' is at fault for the 3 wks in not telling. My thoughts totally. 

Will be back with the 'C' doc that tried to warn and now dead. TRUST? NO. Another world. I have been in every country that has been stated, other than Italy. Back later.  Questions? Have those ready, I'll try to explain as I find out.  

Esteemed Contributor

Two posts.

1 under Birthday.

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello my dear friend @NAES1, How wonderful that your DS visited.  Sounds like the very handsome one, looks like his DM, had a great time.  And the cooking!  Sounds so delicious.  Of course, sons and dads with “car talk.”  It is in their DNA!

Thanks for all your info.  We try to get all we can.  We do have masks, but not the highest grade you spoke of.  We have stocked up on all routine medications for fever, cough, cold, sore throat, etc.etc.  We do have a large stock of prepared food, but we should probably get even more.  Lysol, Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer gel, little portable bottles of gel, etc.  It goes on and on.  Good supply of prescription meds, but maybe should try to get more.  Maybe call docs and ask for,90 day supply.

I agree that the source, the mother lode, did not deal with the problem.  Yes, “C” does what it does.  I do trust the CDC here, their website, and no politicians.  I seem to recall reading, even years ago, that we all were overdue for some pandemic.

For folks like me and my DH, it is particularly scary.  We are very old.  I do know our day will come to meet our Lord, but we have no desire to “check out” with this virus!  We will be staying so close to home.  Luckily, we are homebodies to begin with.  Our DD, being a scientist like you, is very, very concerned about all this.  

I am sure little Sashay enjoyed time with her “big brother” too.

All the excitement made her even happier, I am sure.  I hope and pray that you and your family stay safe and well.  We are going to birthday party today for our “little hoot.”  My brother,

in particular, finds her so cute.  He laughs for days after being with her.

Love and best wishes,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Hello my dear @NAES1 !

***BIG NEWS TO SHARE***

Announcing a new addition to our family.  The handsome, outgoing, and so affectionate WINSTON kitty has joined our family.  He is three years old, muted orange, pretty gold eyes, longer fur, and fluffy tail.  He has some white, bib and underbody, and “boots.”  He was rescued from the streets, but we agree with the shelter folks that he obviously has lived in a home before.  

The back story:  I saw his picture on the shelter’s website and called.  I was told several people had already come to see him, and nothing worked out because he would have nothing to do with them.  One hopeful lady had made him poached chicken, but even that did not work to get his attention.  After we talked at length, we made arrangements to meet him.  Well, he approached both of us, getting in our laps, with kissing us, no less.  Love at first sight, Winston and us.  As the lady from the shelter stated, “Winston chose you.”

He has very good manners and a good appetite!  He is enjoying exploring the house, as he was unhappy with keeping him in just two rooms.  He cried to get out to explore the whole house.  OK, he is already the CEO here.  I am sure you can relate.  Your little Sashay stole your heart.  Winston sends a huge hug and kitty kisses to Sashay!

All my best to you and your family.  

Love,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Ahh, Woman Happy

I am absolutely....  so beyond words, "happy" for you, your sweetheart of a husband, and head bumps for Winston that knows exactly what he wanted. Although, Ha, he says, 'why the wait'? Cat Surprised

Cats. kittens know -KNOW- the human safety and security - that I can guarantee.

Dogs, are more    __just love me__ and I'll follow, well with most people.

I love the name Winston= strong, can be relied on, stubborn but will listen to whom he trusts. Magical!

I knew, personally, 1 time, a man named Winston. Totally self independent, a leader, and was very selected being a friend to just anyone / choosy. 

Their internal gift for survival.  What color of different fur does Winston have, Are his whiskers white? Paw color? Where is he sleeping and what foods does he loves most than others?

I am so relieved for this reason, also:  Winston will occupy your life ~~ Greatly during this scare as we know it.

I wanted to let you know that you have done everything correctly with the preparation foods/goods, from last post.   You actually listened.

We have done the same thing, others -not so wise.

I have not been on to post (working on emails for pets and supplies) since the last time,but did spend 20 minutes scrolling Monday  (LISTENING) through, reading.

There is someone almost -I know         [here]

[ weird when it pops up-] ..........

`` delusional with wannabe facts.`` (yesterday).

I have read many -MANY of this person's posts through the last 16 months and certainly is off the charts, or in a fog strange.   I'll be in touch w/ that unless you already know.

We are getting in ...the last of what I call husband foods, and believe me, I am in close communication what is being told; by different sources. 

I found out two days ago,I am,now, a great aunt.

Closest to a grandma, I'll be for a while or  ever?

A little boy. My brother was so scattered, he forgot the weight. Also, cannot spell the biblical name.

MEN! Man Surprised More like speechless!

That was one of the few times I almost lost it, even though I knew it was to be.

I am calling later tonight, the baby may be sleeping and I know how difficult that is,::::::::::::::: calming a sudden woken little one.

!!!! That will be my next news.

We are halfway across the country. I should have pictures soon.

I have to wait my turn in asking / calling.

They live in Miami near the beach.

Brian is a nervous wreck. Father.

My brother is much better. 

Pam, if for any reason you have a problem reading, the Internet is haywired whacky, again, so........words stick together.  

LO V E "U",

and  over the moon with respect + toss in plenty of happiness for you,your entire family. 

'my forever friend'

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Dear @NAES1, the #1 Great-Auntie!

Finally here!  Congratulations to your whole family!  A brand-new little soul, a little blessing to make our world a better place.  I am sure.  Would that every new baby be so loved and so well taken care of.  How exciting is this?

Winston was kitty’s name at the shelter, and we thought it was just perfect for him.  He is a nice shade of orange, with golden eyes.  Has a white bib, his feet (really like booties) are also white.  He is fluffy and has a bushy tail.  He was found on the streets, and he was trapped and brought to the shelter.  It is so obvious to us - and to the shelter folks - that he has experience in a home.  He is three years old.

He likes moist food,  Blue Buffalo minced or little chunks of chicken in sauce.  Twice a day, with constant access to water and Blur Buffalo chicken kibble.  There are so many good brands out there, to be sure.  But no seafood, as we have been advised male cats can develop problems with crystals forming.  

NAES, he is a total doll.  A love bug and kisser.  Very sweet boy. We are so very grateful, and he does seem very happy.

He was brought for his first shampoo and nail trim, and we had a chip implanted.  So I guess he’s our pretty boy.

I have been in contact with the shelter to keep them informed of how well he is doing.  I said it was like he lived here “forever.”  They are so pleased, and the lady reminded me that “Winston chose you.”

I hope you, DH, and DS are well.  I know you are well prepared for whatever happens.  We sure are.  And I know you are stocked for little Sashay, as well.  You can guess how much kitty food and litter is in this house.  Like you, always prepared.  And we keep buying more.  It will not go to waste.

What a scary time, but my trust is in the Lord.  Of course, He calls us to action (like stocking up and being smart about exposure).  At our advanced age, we do plan on being home the vast majority of the time.  My DH turns 79 in a few days.  you would never guess he is that old.  Please tell me how you are coping, and I would welcome any advice.  Only one bedroom upstairs left to paint..some day.  So glad that is over.

Take care.  Be well.  Blessings asked for you and your family.

And especially your special new baby!

Love,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT  Heart

I was here much earlier,as you knew with my note click that I wanted to get started- b u t 

"my husband told me there was a phone call / family information from the lower level, and that I possibly needed to call, which I did".

Nothing urgent, but important. I did call back before I even started, here. I will make one more all 'IN' to another family member -after 1pm Monday 3. 9- '20, then have plenty of time to be more to self and concentrate to your very sweet post. 

Sure am sorry I messed up... +++ trying to bake dinner too. Just one of those sudden unexpected incidents. 

Give your little Winston all of the news about me being NOT there to send gentle kitty hugs. He will soon learn I am a multi-tasker ...and not doing so well.

'just me, @PamfromCT 

~~ Love him with Sashay's meowing approval -

Hey there Cat Surprised Winston, don't look so surprised- I do this more now than before.  love,  

Esteemed Contributor

I do have several steer clear thoughts that has been voiced over & over, and------- that --is.... If something I definitely know if 'there' ever were a terror raid, from what I have gathered, just reading from just THESE, very few would survive emotionally. 

Way too many opinionated scare tactics from the I know everything from I am living without any fear🐒.

You are doing as I mentioned, the best with common sense from what you told me. We are doing the same, especially with 2+ weeks of food, any medications, along with bottled water.

I have absorbed a lot of valuable medical advice, along with with finding the better updated stats.

1.) If not any need to be among crowds, stay inside your home ( at least for the next 2 weeks or more.

2.) Wash your hands even after handing the mail, boxes also keep windows closed...for now.

3.)No outside visitors is what we are doing. Also, after handling any pet foods, wash your hands. This comes much easier for me since I have been doing this before within units/ hosp.

Golden eyes and an orangey fur sounds beautiful. He'll tire you out out on rainy days, if not outside for even a run through the grass.

At three years old, Winston still has the play agility- Sashay is just under 11 and never stops. She's the best little girl and cannot wait for 'dad' to come home .... sleeping at the foot of one large recliner's foot support.        She loves to watch TV; the moving parts of commercials sound or not. Has to have her idealism of an arrangement.

Try finding some quality AMZ. catnip w/o the seeds, stalks.

I have a plate size clawing board with catnip sprinkled in, then she lies across and not long, she's resting very happily for about 1/2 hour. I buy the $8. one called YeoWWW! 20z. plastic container / made in THE USA.

.................Organically grown w/ flower blend, I never buy the $1. -$2 in store brand. Stalks and not grown from here. Treats: try the Greenies Salmon - or chicken fur and skin. Great for dental, too.

AWE, no- found on the streets. You and your husband are his lucky stars- it was meant to be, although, I constantly DO think of Toby. Can you find out by calling (if believable) doing great and no biting issues?

Virus:

The weak, seriously ill elderly, ones with autoimmune issues `` be extra cautious, don't eat out when anyone not knowing of the severity, may be ill, or unwashed hands-period. We seldom eat out so that's not anything we would miss.

I am valuating this as I would when avoiding the worse ongoing virus -i.e., major cold,or symptoms that show pneumonia. 🎱.  I can understand how this happened, then thrown right into our hands for a recovery of some sorts.

👌 👀 My 💗brother ( I spoke with him last night for 2 hours) has more information; without any doubts knows this is [in short] a lab. Mess.

No problems, here.

I have been there for very long times, and I have reliable data base knowledge what the everyday person (w/ rare exception eats, touches, their handlers! Oh My 🌋 🏭!!

Being (Q) is the best thing I know of other than hospitalized if health is in jeopardy. It's the media. There lies the pressure to almost take cover, and true if not going by the common sense rules. 

If I could, there would be a RL video four days ago showing; you would become quite ill. Our contacts.

Pam, 79 is not old. It's a number and I stopped with __all of that__ years ago, just know that our 💜 son is catching up with us.... Ha,in a funny way. 

"....sorry for the late reply but hope you'll read later or tomorrow". I did not do anything for dinner so sweetie had left over baked chicken with too much garlic and I had a can of soup. Love soup, even w/ the % of 25 percent lower salt. I usually do not concern myself with sodium, but sugar I detest.   

Not a processed food -------

selector.

Food is not something I crave. Never did - hope not to begin.  When I do cook (rarely), it's all from scratch. 

Will be back soon -also, was over to 'P's' the other day.   

Sending loving thrills with you and Winston.

No one really has to leave the house unless it's really A necessity.     Our son is out. Husband out 3 days / wkly.

I cannot become totally worried each day.Just can't.

Just following common sense.  We're all in this together. 

love and hugs for everyone at your home. 

💞 NAES + sweet smiles for a happy and wonderful darling friend. 

WASH HANDs OFTEN- Did I mention after handling cat food/ litter boxes, too. The INTERNET post went through, then came back again to post Xs2. ??? 

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello my dear @NAES1

I am picturing that little Sashay spending time with her Daddy while on his recliner.  Sweet thoughts!  DH has a recliner in FR and then in upstairs “study,” where he likes to go to watch games on TV.  Winston flits in and out.  He’s good, but wants to be “a man on the move.”  And where he sleeps is probably under our bed upstairs?  Nap time, who knows where?  Has not used one kitty bed yet.  Thanks for your advice about catnip, but he’s not in need of it now.  He will come to us for a while, then gets restless.

I remember the foster mom of Toby saying she would keep him.  He hasn’t been on any adoption sites.  I could never, ever hear he wasn’t doing well.  Normally, I would pursue it.  But it is still raw and painful.  Love him and wish him happiness.

You are right on target about the range of reactions to the C thing.  I do take it seriously, and certainly we are around home

all the time.  thanks for your advice - I haven’t been faithful about washing my hands after handling kitty food, only litter stuff.  Other than that, so many times a day we do.  Well stocked up, and hoping for the best.  We don’t need to be out all the time, and we still enjoy our home.  Thanks for that.

Like you.

Americans are particularly bad about imaging restrictions.  Anything open 24/7, what you want, when you want it.  You are so right, many people would go nuts.  We don’t eat out much.

We eat simply, eat healthy foods at home.  sometimes enjoy going out to a really nice place, or stop in somewhere when we are on a shopping venture.  Last night I made a huge salad for dinner.  Grilled chicken on top.  That’s as gourmet as I get.

We do drink seltzer water in the pm, so DH placed on online order for a good quantity.  Plenty of kitty foodie, ordered and arrived.  I pray and hope for health for all, here and around the world.  Yes, we are all children of the same God.  And to think we were seriously thinking of going to Italy in September......

Best wishes to you!  Winston sends nuzzles to Sashay!

Love,

Pam