Esteemed Contributor

Pam, what a delicious compliment with a gentle 

---- ( I always thought ) touch of fire in it. 

You can process within quickly, having a wise, keen perception, easy to understand statement with a rare abstract that has boundless basis.

One in a million HeartSmiley Happy 

I had an on - off hmmm busy weekend that I really wasn't expecting, but will be freed up this week.

Tomorrow (when you read this) - I should be at my yearly eye check up...back by the 5pm o'clock whistle. I believe it just common sense to [GO] once a year.

I'm asking what he thinks about about purple lens sunglasses, and is this information I am reading about,i.e., computer glasses necessary for everyone? I don't know of anyone having them, just some info splatters out there if you use a computer more than 3 hours marked by logical consistency.

I don't believe I fall into that ball of wax-,,,,but I do flip around with research messages coming through. Always pinching screen to enlarge fine print.

My time would be for 20 minutes, close off, then continue again 2 hours later... I wanted to know, because I am reading a lot about 'DRY' eye from the glare of 'a' bright computer light.

Woman Happy Having an overhead lamp installed over the back desk / shoulder with a softer bulb. 

Thought Heart about your recent...or upcoming dental appointment. My husband doesn't have to go back for several weeks, apparently not that involved. BUT! Does!.. have to be tended to at his convenience...for the loose molar ++ whatever (??)

I really don't understand how, since this happened so suddenly, but then I am not a dental PRO. Who would with teeth o

Tonight, in the wee hours of morning, it's lowering the boom to 43; today was 59 /60; I turned on the heat for 10 minutes to dry out the what felt damp, then back to a mild a/c fan cool.

I sleep better in a cooler room, so haHHaH, with my husband, he is turning into an Eskimo.

The 1st drops of snow should prove me right or delirious. Best solution would take up some room down Sashay's way on the lower level. I am chilly right now..ain't no sunbeams coming my way.

I am wearing some ankle boot/w/socks for the EYE check app't. Turtle neck sweater too.

"...Have not forgotten the daily teeth ritual.

Will have that posted. 

Then, under CB's section, I would like

to find out if her flu bug is totally gone"?

``````gave the hello to my husband ( he knows you well, now); he sends big waving hands with a smiling HI back to you.  A glaring confused look from Cat Surprised Sashay from you to her, thinking it's time to go eat or sleep. Laughing here. 

Pam,this Internet is jumping for the one millionth time, and lost my post FIVE times going back to a split screen to my private line up page, to click selection. Hugs and smiles always...and you know it. That hot soak is ringing in my head for a soon-to- be -YES~~!

Lots of sincere love to you, your sweet family and Toby. 

Our son is farther away across the coast, closer to the 97 degrees weather.

We will text him by tomorrow morning. Oh, to be that age again. 

Forgot to tell you ...but later.Okay? 

@PamfromCT 

10/ 7/19

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Dearest @NAES1,

I hope your eye exam went fine and trust it did.  Like you, I believe in scheduled check-ups.  It’s the smart way to live, isn’t it?  

It has been kind of a crazy day here.  My DIL thinks she tore her rotator cuff, so some phone calls back and forth.  Meanwhile, GD fractured her finger at school.  Luckily, a simple fracture, as they say.  And their sweet dog was sick and had to go to the vet.

Meanwhile, “back at the ranch,” DD and SIL waiting for date of closing on their old house.  

My stitches came out at the dentist office today, and he said it’s healing well.  Tell your hubby all will be well!!!

I have my scheduled appointment Wednesday with my back doc, and Thursday my yearly mammogram.

Thursday evening, I will be heading out to dinner with my DIL and her friend.  Friend is writing a paper on history of discrimination in the workplace and would love to meet up with an oldie like me to talk with.  

The painter is also coming tomorrow, and I think Thursday and Friday.

But something exciting for me, DD, DIL, and GD.  Mimi here bought tickets for us all to see the Russian ballet Nutcracker.  Also, for a small add-on, GD is having her picture taken with a ballerina.  GD was going to just take Irish step-dancing, but she is also taking ballet.  This is in late November, and DH says he wants to plan something with the males in the family.  DH has taken me to the Russian ballet before, but my DS, SIL, and GS would have zero interest.  Their loss.

I want to catch up with you and all your news.  I bet your son lives a very interesting life and works very hard in his profession.

Forgive me for all my blabbering; I think I need a vacation.  

Paris is always a good idea.  LOL. Not at this time of year.

My very best to my sweet friend and her sweet DH,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello Dear Pam

[ Edited ]

My dear @NAES1,

I decided to let you know of an update of the younger man my DH knows who was hurt in the plane accident.  We have been so worried about him, yet finding no easy way to find out his condition.  He suffered severe burns on his back and is getting skin grafts.  We knew he was at the Bridgeport Hospital burn unit.  While we feel so badly for him, at least he will survive and did not suffer facial burns or burns to his hands.  We have been asking our Lord for healing, along with so many others.

The wake for another man my DH knew somewhat is this Friday evening.  This surely makes us pause and remember how precious life is and how quickly our lives can change.

All my best wishes,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Heart Love to my most interesting friend extending respect beyond words ~~ sweet Pam Pam Pam

Firstly, I wanted you to know, at any time I am away this long, there's a very good reason, and 'IT' was. 

Thank you for updating me about your husband's friend and close relationship explaining "The Younger Man's burn condition. I kept up with any news (Bridgeport) until the news had become relevant detailed, more in your area; that would not have been easy to find while not living there.

But, I can tell you that what he had faced, is facing,

..... is a long recovery journey.

My heart aches so dearly for burn victims.

My first burn unit [STAND IN] absolutely shocked me at age 19. The horror / sorrow / was breath taking, and I asked not to be on that unit floor for some time. Skin grafts / deep tissue burns was not as advanced as it is today, but the pain is excruciating.

The risk of infection is just that- RISKY. Most often the patient is positioned on a Stryker Frame if burns are spread over the back.

This will be a long recovery unless I learn otherwise.

~ My prayers will be for him never to endure any infection, and lessen the long hours of pain. Please do so, if possible, any updated news.

You are wiser than most to know his severity.

God Bless this young man. Amen. 

I was thrilled that you love the 'ARTS', and the day in the sun for your grand daughter exciting pose with a real ballerina~ wow, from the The Russian ballet.

Am I understanding she is taking two types of School of the Dance? I took ballet and loved it, but not as young as she.

AND! how did you and the 'girls' enjoy the performance?

I am always in a captivated state to enjoy any beautiful live musical, dance or concerts. When in NYC, I would have loved to had tickets for CATS, but the tickets were far in advance for months. That would have been the one single preferred. 

Do you know now if your daughter-in-law did have a torn rotator's cuff lingering on? Usually PT can take care of that withing weeks...(?)...most of the time.

Stitches out! Are you finished up with the dentist? I did tell my husband all is well. His appointment is about one month from now, but the needed visit last month is holding steady.

Should I even ask about the painters? I am assuming everything is back to normal whatever that means. 

I'm due for a mammogram,but am thinking going (maybe) something else. I did ask about a mri w/o the radium. I'll know more when I see her soon. 

Ha, you said needing a vacation to Paris. I can let you in for a treat if you ever do have the time to go.

One magnificent city. Much to large to take in everything unless you have a solid good two weeks. We were there for one week as we traveled through Europe. You would love The history~

Vacations: My husband and our son are planning soon, an unknown vacation...Son is taking two weeks from his five weeks for this. I am thrilled, yesssssss. They have the same things in common and BOTH NEED one.

How did the paper on history :REF- discrimination / work place ----since you are Haaaaaa, one of the oldies?

I had never been asked that since medicine, what I did, was never brought up. Just a lot of nuisance with many older docs, and watch out for the younger ones.

Woman Surprised I would make a poor subject filled with many derogatory answers.

I'll catch up with you later before the pink strip runs across.

I just had to get this much to you. Sending much news later. 

Loving thoughts out your way, always. 

Sashay is now -

100% thinking she is my little child. 

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello my dear @NAES1,

I will be back to post likely on Friday.  If you can believe it, yet another funeral to go to out of state.  My DH’s brother-in-law died.  He was a wonderful and kind man, a father of SIX children, such a good husband and father.  No one lacked for anything, and all children received a fine education.  His oldest is an internal medicine doc who helped supervise his father’s care from afar during Dad’s long illness.  I dread going.  I really loved this man.  Talk to you soon, my honey.

Love,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

I am here later,

choosing to not message anything to you on, it probably is_____ - or was Halloween. 

I kept reading I dread going, and realized how very upsetting to know you are going be a part of someone so very special ~ to you with countless attributes that was most deserving, but never forgotten to your husband and you I read over and over.

Your polished description was that of a caring, gracious lady with a deep love for a 'man' we would love to

.... re discover in today's world. AND! I know that is TRUTH.

A good husband, a good father.

How many times will I meet many women giving a tribute with such soulful elegance?

I know your husband's brother-in-law was more than deserving when he left this Old World, enters a new Light of Glorious envisions that we can have trust in for each minute, each day.

What a wonderful 'legacy' he left for his children.

You loved him.

That was all I needed to embrace, coming from you~

I know that you will be tired, and the loss will stay with you, your husband for a long time. I am remembering back how we three children had that dark void when dad died as ~his children ~ will, also.  Losing a loved one is so hurtful.

At times, I have no certainty if death affects us when a loved one has died suddenly, or when we constantly are experiencing the days to months through a lingering illness that our family has endured, or the awareness of, to the ending of life here on earth. I know we each will face it.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Please accept my deepest condolences, but remember there has been a Place Prepared for us.  

Mellow with care, rest and never hurry with me.

I send love'

NAES Heart

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

I had, minutes ago, read your beautiful thoughtful words through an extraordinary special prayer ~ that having a soft Praise of Hope. So exceptional and moving. LOVE.

That was one of the most heart breaking stories I believe, I have seen here.  I know of only one other, seven years ago.

I know that the dear poster will have read and reread over and over. The prayer of Hope is very much needed, and  'oh' so true. My understanding of that came much later in my life.

"..... although, our childhood neighbor, like a brother, Bob, became so suddenly ill having a progressive-unusual aggressive cancer.  'I did not grasp its concept at nineteen, starting medical teaching in nursing'.

I did travel over one full hour with his mother every week on a certain day to learn (TREATMENTs) more from an oncology unit at one advanced hospital. I actually did not realize the taking of a life so very young, he just turned eighteen 3 weeks later". She died six months later. Stress.

There was where I began my somewhat hollow lesson of death /cancer, other than my grandmother's death, so early at my age of nine. 

How I can believe,  though, (?) ... is that our only hope in God,

``is not a wish or a dream, but a sure confidence`` that what God says will happen.

I read later, today, of one of her other posts, and do believe she has reached that 'place' ...knowing her beloved son will be at peace, having no pain and  -I do think-she knows of a Glorious Dwelling, for all things made whole and perfect again. 

I have been present too many times when death was coming, stood at the foot of those beds while a patient was dying.

For years, I will never find that any more easier, even when I was much younger. Tragedy is all consuming for us all.

Faithfully, I always try to put myself in someone's situation, and for this I am finding it as not calm, just yet ....this would be your child~ 

For someone older, someone stripped of further treatment, with a negative prognosis, severe ongoing pain --- those I can Go To The Light.

It is a sad day for Lindsay's Grandmother, and as my brother said when dad died, recently, our day will be next for some that loves us.  I am praying for this land we occupy, now. There's a prayer every day. 

My husband and I have just gone through some REAL conversation after listening to the news.

My heartache is for the children, not for myself, or the very elderly.

NEVER - NEVER-

never

ever did I have a thought of these days.... could ever be, as it is, now. Peace with Prayers.

love to @PamfromCT  Heart   Heart   Heart

Friday

December 06

Esteemed Contributor

My dear @NAES1, As usual, your post goes right to my heart.  I cannot imagine how much you have seen and endured working in your profession.  Seeing people in pain and in high distress, and helping them, is one of our Lord’s highest callings.  This is exactly where God wanted you.  One of His very special messengers on this earth.

I learned so much when I volunteered a day a week on a skilled nursing unit at a special nursing home.  I did this when my mom went to heaven, in honor of her.  It was a place run by a special order of sisters specifically for those who were poor.

Caregivers are so busy, so someone coming in to spend time with the residents is helpful.  I left after about five years due to my back issues.  There were a couple residents who lasted a long time, and we developed a super-special relationship.  But I loved each and every one.  They received the very best of care there - each had their own room and bathroom, the food was very good, medical care excellent, and so many special activities and celebrations.  I got far more than I gave.

How tough it is for anyone to lose a child.  Thank you for alerting me to that post.  It’s so essential to love and support everyone.  My SIL, who lost her DH several weeks ago, is doing pretty well.  She is surrounded by family and friends,

and is very strong in her faith.  The relative who lost his wife is having a hard time, missing his wife so much.  When the weather gets better, we plan to meet up with him and do something special.  Like we used to do with him and his dear wife.

The Nutcracker, danced by a Moscow ballet company, was so beautiful.  My GD loved it all, and had her picture taken with a ballerina.  Afterwards, my DIL, DD, GD, and I went out for a nice Italian dinner.  The little toot loved her fancy dress!

I do hope your vision appointment goes well.  Like you, we believe in check-ups.  Good that your DH’s dental issues are resolved, too.

I bet your DS is enjoying the warm weather where he is living.

We had a storm, on and off for a couple days, and the weather is nippy.  But so fortunate to be warm inside.

Like you, I think of The Children all the time.  And pray for them.  The innocent little ones.  It all makes me profoundly sad.  

You and your DH take care.  And, of course, continue to shower that little Sashay with love.  Your kitty hit the jackpot!

Love and special blessings,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Long day....

If not this evening-or night, I hope you may be here tomorrow .....

when I will not...

until much later into the late afternoon.

1st time: I have had the pc `on` very early, and kept it running until now, soon to close off, unless anything else reported.

!! I had so many notes to reply back to. Tried to keep reading (Showme) threads when I had the chance.

Everything was quite comforting for everyone, I believe.

Many of the posters I did not know, but was pleased to read of the few I did know from eight years ago.

Most are older than me whom I knew.

I posted to over 10+, but with 'my' one prayerful message, I used one line of ~~ yours~~ that you had posted to Lindsay's grandma. Beautiful. 

I certainly hope that was permissible --- with you not being there, today?

Thoughts of the many posters day-day, I thought line seven included the spirit of loss and total missing was appropriate for those who I did not know.

I posted some, THEN,  ............back in the earlier days when she had SHOWME's MR. LUCKY >...who was a little kitten with the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen.

You can understand my small amount of posts from 8 years are in the lower numbers.

ME: I was teaching, traveling constantly overseas local traveling, also- and spent a lot of time with my husband together whatever we did on days free. 

Later, that thread -I suppose was removed ( I was not here when that was in process)-

to what it is today.

Meeting several new {{?}} younger posters, and loved chatting with three of the longest going ones ...........way before I was ever here. 

Hopefully, I'll hear from you after late Tuesday or Wednesday.

I needed to let you know I was waiting for any updated news from a few that knew her through private emails or a phone number. Somewhat tired, which I will tell you why for these past 3 days. What a mess with plumbing!

2010 and before (??)...then at that time, we could do that. I didn't, though. Private emails /phone numbers.

Actually (as explained today) was not involved much, other than the beauty thread and pet lovers, then.

I have a post explaining how I came to be joining in. 

Have a nice Tuesday. Sure hope you get to catch up -REF: thread.  Heart and a Smiley Happy face, but tired.

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Having been here each day, at least for one week -a few hours only, I did see your name, today.

You probably left when I came on? I had wondered, how are you from last post..... you were under the weather.

How are you feeling, now? Just some late night and 2 mid day post, along with one thread reading until now. Believe you know that thread.?

Heart I did read your nicely written post and commented today. 

"...have been somewhat busy, nothing overdone... I refrain from that almost 90 percent"... Excited about our son's new car, hoping to have enough stamina to drive when (ahh) he's here on Christmas.

'WE' are absolutely so proud of him and happy for him. 

Will hope to hear from you later. Oh, Pam- it was 13 degrees last week -now, and for the next 7 days a whopping 60.

No white Christmas this year. Hoping that the new year is much better for everyone...kind of looking forward to January.

I had thought going to an all evening musical Christmas concert this afternoon with a good friend, but just was not in the mood to doll up and leave husband non-meal-less. Many things, here. 

Always stay at home when our son is farther away.

Hearing helicopters going over to the medial center. That's is usually something very -very serious. A lot of wacky drivers this week end, too. 

I heard earlier on national news there was a 63 car CRASH - bridge pile up in Va(?) - many wrecks, many injuries and several critical.

Behave and stay always sweet. Smiley Happy

I was surprised it was _not_ on Comm. I-64 / both lanes closed.

(( ?> where.

@PamfromCT 

Sunday- 22nd