you sometime Thursday- 

• I loved your news.

You are not older

but much wiser. Believe you will

understand my being late, hah, 

l a t e r.  Again, I send you so much

respect and will catch up.-

Going to bed. Feel as though I've

been up for a good 18 hours; (close to)..

My dear friend, Pam, a happy face/ tired,

though- need the rest. will explain.

Nothing to worry about. I knew you would

understand my absence. Much more alert

by Thursday's mid afternoon. everyone is

very > okay. 

Pam, you may not had seen this..just before 1am.

(as usual, for the ^ @^ symbol. Am here, now.  Beginning a new post. 

@PamfromCT 

Thursday- 15th

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hello my dear @NAES1, I am so happy that you are seeing your dear son.  I am sure you are so proud of the man he has become.  And little Sashay loves him, too!

Looking back at my childhood, so many years past, it was a time of happiness and security.  I grew up in a small CT town, living in a neighborhood of nice people, where I was able to walk downtown with friends when I was older.  We could shop, go to the movies, go to an ice cream parlor, etc.  Complete safety gave us much freedom in those days.  And we had sidewalks.  Living where I live now, I have to drive downtown or to a walking trail to have sidewalks.  We have much more space than where I was brought up.  Pros and cons to both.

It seems as though your family was in this country for quite a while.  Among my four grandparents, only one was born in this country.  My DH is a child of immigrants.  They were all very good people and very hard workers.  Amazing what they accomplished.  And to think they arrived here with just the clothes on their back, knowing no English.  DH’s parents came from Germany after WWI.  Their 11 grandchildren all college grads, in varying fields.  Same story with my family.  America. Is a melting pot.  I am grateful to parents who taught tolerance and kindness.  Never a slur against color, heritage, or another religion.  

Our home is our sanctuary.  I am grateful to live where we live.

Never any signs of hatred for anyone.  Our children had friends of different races and religions.  But I cannot totally retreat from the world.  Everything for me harkens back to what Jesus taught.  My measure:  What would Jesus do?  

I guess I am in a very serious, contemplative mood right now.  In a few days will be 75.  I finally gave in to two small parties, as I would have been happy with much less.  Mimi finally gave up!  But small and low-key.  I do know our little Toby will be giving me a card!

Wishing you much happiness and peace as you advance all your good works!  The world needs more like NAES!

Love, your friend,

Pam

Heart     Heart  @PamfromCT ..THERE! No Forget...

There's lady friend/ neighbor living down the village on another lane who will be 86 this fall, and she walks constantly ( I suppose) wanting to either visit or see what is going on. One fine lady and Pam no one could convince me that she's even near that age.

I say this because __the__numbers of age means very little to me when I know many are health challenged or totally without any family -even while being younger.

Now, I have a much smaller family. Everything seemed to come to a halt after my dad died, and years before his was mom's.

What I am so thankful for is that our son keeps close ties with us...even though...........

`( and this surprised me) BAM, has a life more with his profession and of course his age bracket friends....we do not have him at home as much, so I'm becoming some!what more ...HAAAAAAAAAAA, having Sashay as our constant [[ little in and out the door companion]] .ouch.

Pam, I often read here of the women whose husbands are very ill, have died -even the 40s & 50s. That's total loneliness! And I never take that for granted. Many bounce back as I have read-(??)

Honestly, I do not believe of most 'here'  are or have been climbing Pikes Peak, but being alone without the constant conversations w/ husband each morning, this would be a darn empty life.

I read of a lot -those whom are divorced and rasonably happy to be so, so Could Be they have no interest of any bonding connection, if they do.

I can remember vividly when my husband & I did everything when in our 20s and 30s and not wait for any older age of a later date to fill up a bucket list...but that's us and we are as one.

BEEN THERE- DONE THAT- NOT INTERESTED anymore.

For some, it IS difficult to comprehend, but for us, we're like salt water with the ocean..until one of us is no longer on this earth...and what an earth...!!! At least we know where home really is.

Getting back to family, I know that most came from England and have been here (home area) for well over 200 years. The same with my husband, only Germany, or Pennsylvania Dutch, and for mom's family/ mother / Scottish and her father Italian.

I know 'that' same neighborhood as yours and as I said before, my Utopia. I often -OFTEN go back in my mind remembering a safe, kinder, closer society than now. Unless of changes? Never again.

GREAT that you mentioned that- yes, yes, our home is our Sanctuary one hundred percent, and I adore it.       'will close off with time limit so not to lose and right back....R U here yet'? i'll wait.  Explaining why tired ...AND, what was the 13th & 14th. Doings.

lovingly thoughts to one fantastic friend..Heart

Thursday

15th. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ah,

,,,,,,,,,, well I do not want to go through -ever- another husband's colonoscopy for a full day of prep -AS let's get to know each other ( I started him around 1;30p.

After his last drink, and through the next day, I felt like a very authentic 95 yr. old + 

The drink is a new one, and is suppose to be 97% whoo Hoo more effective.   Horrible taste, even for me.

Husband: one of the BEST supporters for others to go through, knowing friends, but not so much as never being quite in this situation. [ That was the 13th] for the 14th. 

I believe if any person rarely being ill unless a cold or straining a muscle...... a NON patient would not be a taste tester to a gallon of this ```stuff```, as he says. Woman Surprised  I did take a sip and not sure if I could drink it w/o up chucking.

BUT! A good sport, though.  Nervous what was to happen; I told him step by step and he knew all would be okay, but the stuff,........... I would not advise.

Mine was mixed w/ a non colored gatoraide likeness, but he followed those paper rules and waaay too complicated, so advanced with my leads >all (mine) every 1/2 hour.

later. Doctor: post procedure- beautiful as scoped.

We call for any lining biopsy smear Monday.

If only people knew how Cancer spreads so rapidly throughout the/ ANY/ digestive organ and definitely IF the colon polyps growing are apparently, as known usually 99% cancer.

Me. Difficult to sleep knowing the next day; I was up reading ( could not sleep) to 3a. and had to be there at 9a.

The procedure was not until 11a., waited for '4' hours before, during and after {RECOVERY].

Totally had adrenaline at a high point due to love of my Babe going through this

I had one 3 years ago because I 'know' it's the best preventative procedure OUT THERE for any detection. I made IT though!..... and I will preach that anyone over the age of FIFTY should give this a lot of thought, or have one.

I know that my dad's mother died of COLON cancer in her young 60s. As intelligent as she was I suppose it a THING... not me.

And,

!!!!!!   that's where I had been w/o sleep for 18 hours. Much rested, now.  Doing  a delicious vegetable dinner w/ hot biscuits.  Meatloaf sounds good, so I can do that very soon. Until later. Your bd? 

Sending a tight hug...and hope to finish this with all this cooking stamina I have going. Smiley Happy-

@PamfromCT 

Thursday,

15th/ August. 

Jesus was my hero and actually got me through; always has been and always will be. We both trust Him for our everything in life.  love~

Esteemed Contributor

Dear @NAES1, No wonder why you are so exhausted!

What happy news that your dear DH got a clean bill of health!

His prep drink sounds like a nightmare.  I’m sorry it happened that way.  Difficult enough without this!  Good thing you are such a loving wife.  And so intelligent about medical procedures.  

Like you, we are very aware of the value of tests.  There are people who refuse to have colonoscopies, but that is so foolhardy.  Same with so many other tests.  Any problem is best treated early.  I’m not oriented toward science, unlike my friend NAES, but even I can figure this out.

I know how trying it is to be sick with worry about one’s DH.

Been through it, and it is so exhausting.  I hope you get plenty of rest and certainly do something nice for yourself.  And you and hubby deserve a special night out.  

You are are such a good person - and a five-star wife and mom!  May you continue to receive many blessings as you give of yourself to so many others!

With love and admiration,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Pam....

as you may have expected I have been in [there] doing many need to be errands rather than packing boxes- believe I'll stop that for awhile (charities).

It appears that a monetary donation will be put to use instantly versus clothing, at this time. 

I was here for a few minutes last night to reply and send a personal thought under Sunala's thread where your name was included, also.

I posted some of the many, here that were ill, surgery or in medical treatment and physical therapy. It was late and I knew I would be all scatter brained doing a nice memo note that you deserve. Heart Smiley Happy

I am and have been on a committee, hopefully, to be of some productive change in the country.

TRYING, I can only do just so much. 

{{"taking a break "}} !! Never bored, though.

I enjoyed reading your last post ( the other) and laughed when you said God had given you a small brain. I beg to differ from each and every one that I have received.  U silly girl..... 

Pam, I knew you and your husband were traveling out of state for the funeral, a memorial service, not realizing you were back so soon, but I have lost time from 6+ days ago.  Also, thought that your daughter would be caring for Toby. 

We have been spending a lot of time -'A LOT' looking and deciding about a new car.

Those types of decisions I find take up days wandering around, so I really do 'know' when I am tired of cars- period.

We had our son in Wednesday.

Woman HappyI am always elated to just have him home,

Ahh, he brought all the Yum things we love but I do not need...fresh bakery pies and bakery fresh Danish pastries..Haaaaaaaaa, guess those will be eaten soon by his dad.

He will be over for a huge dinner; we eat out.

That IS when we can all catch up ++(help) more food. 

Pam, my husband was caught in a total Interstate closing sitting 3 entire hours Tuesday when he was 6 miles away from a horrible 2 semis / 10 car crash where two died, and 8 were seriously injured and some still remain in the hospital.

How close he was from that area, that time.

To have a main north to south Interstate closed completely down for 26 hours, that definitely was a horrific mangled mess.

The TV videos made me wonder how anyone survived. The trail of traffic was over 30+ miles.

Travelers from 'all states' use that one main artery for their passage everyday. Many radio stations alerted asap before anyone attempted to use that route before it was too late to exit off.

That happened at 2pm and my husband had just gotten on from another route. And, no, he didn't have the radio on. Probably one of the only times. 

On to something positive. have you been over to your daughter's newer home?

She must be so excited and ready to move everything around, change several things; I am thinking of her personal new paint hues for different rooms...?

Speaking of painting, have you finished with yours?

I absolutely don't want to think about moving furniture around and having paint buckets with men coming & going through my home...also, we've done the DIY...what a mess. Please, not again, soon.

I am remembering the last time, 4 years ago.

Also, Pam, it's beginning to be chilly at night and certainly those early mornings. 'Believe the weather man said something close to 60 tonight, also no rain here for the last 18 days'.

Once again, sweetie Sashay went under the quilt. Lately, she's been spending hours out on the front deck on the new carpet ...and lovin' it.

She'll never be a total indoor babe cat, but will not venture off while being checked on every 20 minutes. Winters, yes, also rainy days- inside. 

~~~  She IS something else, not too much into toys as she was last year. I suppose 11& 1/2 is close to WHAT!?  Cat Surprised ---> 60 + in kitty  years, maybe older...really do not know? Runs like a kitten. 

I know that you are very busy and (me) --just have not been here with everything going on last week, as you know with all that you have been doing. 

Darn! 

I have to take the larger comforters to an industrial laundromat that I was suppose to have done two weeks ago. That will be next week. 

......... Stopping with the multiple tasking for one month and have our home ready for colder to wintry months- .....soon.  When you get on and find time, I am here all next week...I hope.

Oh! I sent a message to CareBears asking about her many weeks ago stroke progress on the other. 

For many that show you what a sweet hunny bun and a very dear close friend who should flip me off for doing so much and actually losing time in my mind, especially since I thought you and your husband might be traveling farther away.

I usually do not check, rather come on at night and chime in so you can read later or the next day. Did that make any sense....~~~~~~~~~~?

"hope that you get to read very soon; let me know the news -either thread".  CareBears did sound as though she's doing better from the last one.  She has certainly been through a lot, I believe, now, for over one year.  

love, always my cherished friend. NAES

@PamfromCT 

Saturday 21st. 

Esteemed Contributor

A huge hello to my dear friend @NAES1 and all kindred spirits who post here.  I wish each and every person peace, happiness, and best wishes for health issues.

To begin with, how fortunate your DH was not involved in that terrible crash.  How bad these crashes can be.  It is heartbreaking to hear of deaths and injuries.  

Sounds like you have been as busy as a little beaver around your home.  Busy packing for donations is such an admirable thing to do.  Like you, we gave $ to all victims.

I think it is admirable to work on a committee for productive change in our country.  We certainly need it.  I worry about war, and always pray it does not happen.

I am so happy you got to see your dear son.  And he came bringing goodies.  He loves his parents, to be sure, and he sounds so thoughtful.  I know how happy this makes a mom and dad.

Looking for a new car...it isn’t much fun to me.  Being retired, we don’t put much mileage on, and I am glad to keep what we have.  I am sure you are the same way!  My DH is much more interested in cars.  Many men are.  

Well, the good news is that DD and DSIL sold their home.  They are living in their new home and happy with it.  They both have their ideas and tastes, and I finally have learned to keep my lips zipped.  If asked, I will comment.  If not, no.  Their old house was so perfect for them, but I guess they just wanted a bigger home.  The new one is very nice, and they have always had a cleaning lady to help out.  Good thing!

Our home projects will go on and on.  The kitchen is done, and the porch is finally done.  The painter is due to come back at the end of this week to do all woodwork in DR and 1/2 bath

downstairs.  We still have the LR, FR, and much hallway on the list.  We are donating so much extra stuff.  We want to simplify

so much.  Happy this painter will do what we want on our timetable.  Such a mess until done.  I have threatened to run away and join the circus...coming back when all is done.

Thank you, dear heart, for being concerned about the loss of such a beautiful and good woman in our lives.  My DH’s cousin’s wife.  It was a second marriage for both.  She was widowed young, and cousin was divorced.  They had quite an ecumenical marriage - he a Catholic and she an Orthodox Jew.  They got along so well, and they did much charity work for his church and her synagogue.  I try to remember happy times spent with them, but I am so sad that the world has lost such a loving person.  It is so hard to comprehend she is gone.  And I am a very emotional person.  Always have been, and every emotion is amplified with me.  I do thank you for your care and concern.

Your little Sashay is one smart little kitty.  I don’t know what your weather is doing, but we are having a warm spell now.  It is 80 degrees out today.  Tonight we are going out with DD and SIL to a restaurant we all like.  They eat out often and like to try many new things.  We don‘t go out much for big dinners anymore.  We are always trying to eat light and watching fat, salt, etc.  Like a typical old couple.  

I hope all is well with my dear friend @NAES, such a sweet and giving soul.  May you be blessed with everything, and your family too.

All my best,

Your Buddy Pam

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why you two who seem to have a lot to share do so privately?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9, Oh, anyone is welcome to join in the party.  If you want to share about your life and what’s up with you, feel free to join in.  How does anyone, not knowing names and locations, exchange “in private”?  If you don’t want to join in, feel free to ignore.  @NAES1 and I have been good friends here for a very long time and care about many people.  I bet you likely have so much to add.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 ,

There's a lot of things in this world you will never understand and I do not fault you for that~~

Pam and I did not know 'we' were on a `party line`. 

Apparently, you found our friendship posts bothersome to you: (open to everyone),

I should come to believe [it] was that interesting to you, or of your concern. 

There is a lot of medical facts out there on the subject of being lonely, for those in need to read others' postings.   

Personally, I have no problem with anything said. 

There was a movie last night on that very subject....hope that you were not disappointed to read ours. We both have many other interesting posters; I can welcome you to some that I know, and probably you know as well? 

There is not one issue that I could refer to our one post, that is that private. 

Apparently,

something about a two way conversation bothered you? 

I can suggest that you get in touch with one of the moderators and ask: can anyone gather private emails? 

There would be no reason for your curtailing one's post.  If so, I can place this on the community screen and ask for their advice, if that could possibly bring, or enlighten you one step above -maybe- what you never understood... Smiley Happy , yes?

Haddon have a nice new week and Cheers.  NAES