Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello Dear Pam

[ Edited ]

A loving hello to my dearest @NAES1,

It took me a while to digest all your news and your wise advice for me.  

I am absolutely upset about your terrible fall.  It just takes a second - why they call it an accident.  I certainly understand pain.  And what a devoted nurse you have to take care of you.

I can’t imagine the pain you are going through.  Have you made a decision on your path forward?  Hopefully those shots may give you some relief.  Are you able to sleep?  I know that I cannot concentrate on reading when I am in pain.  And looking for entertainment, I am finding a wealth on tv.  I have started going through three days ahead:  public TV station(s),

the History channel, the Smithsonian channel, and Turner classic movies.  Much to choose from, such a variety, and easily delete leftovers.  We saw “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” and loved it.  Hope this helps a little for distraction.

Glad your family is well!  Your DH, dear son, and little Sashay.

This is so very positive.  Thank you so much for your sweet thoughts about my DD.  Yes, very unsettling and plain scary.

Talk about a wake up call!  She is so very careful, but my theory is that these labs are always tight quarters.  Her DH tested negative.  But the tests in the beginning took so long for results - DD waited 11 days for results,  I do appreciate your so loving concern, so like you.

Your advice to me to let things go is so very well appreciated.

I am almost out of power on iPad and will continue soon!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @NAES1, Back again, iPad booted up.

I do hope you can get some relief from your pain, your problem.  Please let me know how and when this will be taken care of.  I know the fear of going into a hospital at this time.

I also share your admiration for @dooBdoo.  Such a lovely and kind soul.  She just shines forth, doesn’t she?  After her post, I will put hurt behind me and give the other thread another try.

I am wishing you love and healing.  You certainly deserve it.  

Here’s hoping that our lives will soon return to some semblance of normal.  And that lessons have been learned about a quick and effective response to any future problem.

We are certainly sheltering in place, and it has been a long time since we have been with other people.  Like most of us.  

It is quite an example of what we have always taken for granted.  

All my best, my sweet NAES.  Please take care of yourself and be well.  I will be thinking of you and praying for you.  Say hello to your DS and DS for me and give Sashay my love, too.

Be well and stay safe.

Your old friend,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT -

Just signed on 10 minutes ago, but will write IN FULL what's going on. Remember - this was almost 6 years ago w/o any'A'  problem. I'm as okay or better than most. Not to worry, just hobbling to and fro. This will be repaired. I have absolutely no fear, no anxious moments, and my husband is doing the meals. Woman Very Happy

The patella is slightly out of alignment, and I'm not chancing being around any hospital...at this time. I can care for us as well as any medications '''' if going to a physician/ surgeon, now. I have the back ups. love yo. I'll be back soon after groceries are delivered. LO V E. 

Esteemed Contributor

Heart

"........I apologize for the delay

PAM~

'....con't from my last and your today -Observation'

I had read todays's 17 nursing home souls' death.

How much more of anything beyond horrific is that for a non worth of human life?

I have a great concern stress for our son whom is rightfully knowledgeable in his field (until an alternative)is  brought in, if ever, soon.  He is an essential - that will be determined ~ hopefully by week's end or next week.

I am all out of stress,.... more so frustrated and angry in one expressive lightening ball to know that anything, even on a smaller scale, as this, could have happened. I have my doubts, though ....... premeditated. 

I am bored with listening to the medical's everyday groups repetitive same blah something that I never gave truth to as [expert].  They messed up, too, big time by leading us to THINK this is not as serious as we know, now.

And! I had told my husband this back in March around the 10th -something is hardwired off assuming. 

I have been a ``STAY at home`` for close to 31+ days. Husband about 13 days.

What fuels my anger:

for those not taking this seriously while shifting their asymptomatic carriers shedding virus all over to someone else thinking they, the carrier is feeling normal ...{: As my opinion, this is just the tip of the farther out of THE  C19  iceberg to come.

In News Week today, 10 million [ in]cases- now / C19-  here and world wide, plus the ( have to) ??waiting six months for 90 random cases to be tested. Africa.  What is this? ..really!!?

I absolutely look forward to speaking with you, and many times I try to get back as I usually say...by tonight, or sooner than later.

There's 1 topic I was on / commented today: someone was asking are you going to the hair salon when this if lifted? 

~ I'LL POST THERE SO THAT YOU MIGHT scroll around to read.

No, I do not believe that there is a lot out there taking this seriously.  (As someone had said...until it happens to you). 

I have one mention 'when' using a particular machine beyond a ventilator I will  send, along with another (more advanced) that is being used ....in fact no one commented on that,............ as in the know.  Unless a professional...

Sending that also. You can read up if interested.

A chamber for oxygen to be push into the heart / lungs so tissue does not become a necrosis out of control.

Several patients are this affected, as I understand when hearing from short updates. So far, does this make any sense to you with my hurried typing?

Heart

@PamfromCT 

April 16th

2020- Thursday

Esteemed Contributor

Dear Pam, 

I want to say, firstly, what an intelligent and cherished friend you are. Totally LADY~

I will wait to understand if you are still here, also if your matter was taken care of by now. I'll be back as soon as I know that you read. 

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello Dear Pam

[ Edited ]

Hello my dear friend @NAES1,

Wonderful to hear from you!  and I am hoping you can get some help for your physical issue soon.  I also sincerely hope that your son will stay safe and sound, like his loving mom and dad.

Like you, we are here at home.  DH ventures out very carefully when he has to, glasses, mask, and gloves.  I almost never get out, except for a few rides in the car, just to get out, not stopping anywhere.  A few weeks ago went to a small market together, bought fish, soup, and dinners to go.  Mothers Day quiet, everyone came, we stood outside, with great distance between.  No touching, of course.  DH ordered a dinner for we two that was delivered to the house. I am sure you had a quiet day, too.  Would love to hear about it.

Like you, I absolutely cannot get my head around how casually some people are handing this whole situation.  Every person can think of people they would like to see, places to go, etc., but really?  Is it worth it?  People don’t want to face reality and think nothing bad will ever happen to them.  My DD is doing fine, the university still closed, sometimes have online seminars, etc.  The university still paying her...a wealthy place.

Her DH has also been working at home for the duration.  My DS,DIL working from home also.  Of course, GC home for the duration, classes on the computer, and being home-schooled.

My whole family taking this seriously.  I think some Americans are like spoiled children.  Sick of being denied, so will throw caution to the wind.  Go everywhere, have hair done, go out to eat, etc.  What to worry?  It makes me crazy.  My DH knows a man, older but very active, caught the virus, in hospital 4 weeks, rehab for 2 weeks, finally home.  I would so love to hear what you know about that new medical procedure.  Not a scientist as you know, but a keen interest in learning.

Take care, my very sweet and most dear friend!  I wish you hugs and best wishes!

Your pal,

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

"...having very little to admit to common courtesy from a few today; totally with an extended add ON from April 26th to you, only... explaining under a topic I had seen in ref: to conservation /  novelisation / the Chinese virus, and what ((we)) had noted to each other as being very aware, earlier". I wanted you to know why the absent of self.

You cannot imagine how fierce with angry - frustration that two people became, along with some CAN'T PUT IT OUT THERE language with symbols.

I have absolutely no idea who they were since the date of their registration this year, approximately 2 months ago, along with 3 others beginning to be very in the mood for arguments either to me or with each other. I will never do, This was especially of a subject addressed to you. 

What has happened to people's behavior....can say they need something to do. Too much time -period in their life one would come to believe. 

Relating further with your name to read. Gone now because the wording was beginning to contribute to tacky and unacceptable among others.

More of that nothing later what I had told you, personally. Information from my medical book relating to behavior.

Did you resolve your dilemma?

Waiting until you read, then back. 

@PamfromCT 

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed hearing  Woman Happy from you yesterday....very much.

How refreshing to hear good news (as much as you and family are doing), along with the best of any guidelines.

Staying at home, you and your husband / social distancing / - the same for us. 

My husband does the twice monthly shopping for the basics. We have plenty for ..?maybe 1 month, now.

I am not teaching at the hospital as you would expect, rightfully so. I am receiving emails, phone calls as deems necessary.

People are very anxious, some with outside exercises, a lot with caution; social distancing. Fear of the unknown plays havoc to the body - mentally and physically.

Many listen to too many uninformed news  and dwell solely what someone debates with another.

I have to have Faith, then we should see in our self, also, just making the move not to feel I'm riding a bicycle in a basket of molasses. Here. I do not reply back or contribute when an argument is beginning and stays horribly for page after page. I had seen one severaldays ago...and they let it run into the hole of hogwash. 

There is peace within myself...keeps me on my toes being busy, than reading what is here; the very half of reasoning why I did not come on for many days.  Ridiculous 100%. 

Our son is balacing his postion, as your daughter.

He is definitely one of the essennials, and ...since last Tuesday .... maintains where he left off.       Totally away from the non tested.

Nothing he can do from home. Staying within the bounds of others that have been tested and temps taken every day. 

I have more to explain what I know from data brought in, but only from the surface since everyone reads, not understanding.

Saves myself a lot grief, that what took years to learn in one paragraph.

I do not give out any information on any other main liner forum or their thread.   Not a wise - healthy motion with so much medical terminology that could, !! and possibly will be misconstrued from what I knew immediately, was meant to you, indicating c/o your name, from yesterday.

What was soft information was taken as the absolte opposite. Explaining later, but do research on [ARDS]- hypoxia, ventilator-ECMO.

What I can say is I am very optimistic that a new team, the higher epsilon in this field, is quite positive to me through many updated briefs. 

Later with that on another thread that we go to.

STILL, social distancing is anyone's number 1 option, and too, washing hands thoroughly after bathroom or handling mail, mail folders and large boxes as anyone's guess who had been handling- leaving outside and outboxing to leave.

We bring in contents, wipe down with a solution containing a small amount of bleach and disinfecting liquid on a heavy cloth or paper towel folded three times, then dispose as hazard waste/ separate nonporous bags.  Not much of anything being bought to deliver, now.  Nothing from Communist China. Most is food staples to keep in pantry.

Very true............... spoiled children and not taking this as serious !----- !   

Have a word for that...not here, though.

Newest procedure.

Antibodies +++++ ,later. Smiley Happy Different.

I will get back tomorrow - late afternoon.

OH, I am studying the mysterious stats of (what I can find and who is giving )

! would be the number of deaths [[ slapped on]] with

as DEATH from nursing homes pointed reason to C-19 even if it's from heart, diabetic complications .........or......... anything else that was a pre -condition. The ratio of numbers is somewhat VERY off in my opinion. 

@PamfromCT 

5.16. '20

Honored Contributor

@NAES1....Don't mean to interrupt your converstation but just wanted you to know you have been in my heart and prayers lately.  I have more trouble keeping up with everyone.  I have some pretty significant short term memory problems so I have to go over and ove some things and edit and edit. It was caused from being under anesthesia for so many hours during my open heart surgery.  There are so many here I feel I have neglected but most people don't know how I struggle at times to post.  I hope this find you in good spirits. I pray a lot and, for me, that is key.  I thought of you at Thanksgiving.  We always spent every Thanksgiving at The Farm.  Oh, those fresh veges from the garden and all that food!  DH and I spent Thanksgiving alone and we have family members in quarantine and a 26 yr. old married Grandson with Covid.  He has no idea where he got it from.  Probably his workplace.  My daughter who is a Director of Domestic Violence was exposed by a policeman of all things!  He called her to come to an abuse case.  She also advocates for mostly abused children and women. I don't know that I could do her job.  This is the 3rd time she has had to go into quarantine so they have all kept their distance from us an we from them.  It get's a little lonely but I find ways to entertain myself.  My grandson tells me they could put me in a concentration camp in a cubicle and I could think of 100 things to do! LOL. I wish you all the best and remember, I care and so does God.  He loves us so much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1, there is a very sweet post to you above from @jubilant. I don't know when you have been on here, but hopefully you will see this notifications and be able to reply to @jubilant.

@Jubilant, I hope you are doing well, I'm sorry to hear you are having memory issues from the anesthesia. You are in my prayers. I also hope your grandson is feeling much better by now, and that your daughter is ok. I can't imagine doing her job. I worked at the department of human services many years ago, and I still think of some of the clients and some of the cases.