Honored Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms

Whether your a mom to kids or our furry kids may you have a wonderful Mother's day!!

To those who are juggling work, homeschooling and more may you enjoy a day of relaxation💐

AC0A048A-56EC-4A88-B762-DB74B0639A48.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Mother's Day to all Moms

@homedecor1  Happy Mother's Day to you and to all of the mothers of children, pets, and those who often take the place of mothers.  I wish everyone a very relaxing day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @homedecor1 - and same to you!

And to all of the moms, grandmothers, stepmothers, aunts, future moms, like-a-moms. and pet moms who will see this thread! Smiley Happy

I'm mom to two-legged children and four-legged children. Mixed feelings here - missing  my own mom who died quite a while ago, and missing my son, who is stuck in an apartment by himself a long way from us - in a high virus risk area. He has a few friends and they are playing video games and going to each other's apartments while staying away from others. So he's not REALLY alone. He hasn't been home for Mother's Day since he went there for college. But he usually comes home after finals. IDK when he'll be able to come home. Both jobs are gone. Last year at this time we were there for his graduation. 

But for the most part, I'm blessed that I can spend the day with DH and DD - and our kitties! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom 

These are sad times for me because May is gd bday, my older son bd (he was born mother's day weekend), my deceased mother's bd, I take my dear friend out for MD she's like my mom and our family reunion is usually in May since I'm home for the month.  

We celebrate everything & anything -- this year was 3 college graduations.  So sad for these young adults who worked so hard to achieve their goals & now no graduation ceremonies.☹️☹️

I know better days will be ahead and we will be able to get together.

My older son just called since he works tomorrow.  First thing he asked "what will you do?".  I said "guess I'll enjoy the day on the beach with good book & eat lunch at my fav spot"....

.Wrong answer:  He got upset & asked me if I realize there is still a pandemic?".  Ugh...now the kids are the parents🤷‍♀️

Good to know he's always concerned...honestly, I'm gonna relax by the pool, eat lunch at the club and maybe have a glass of wine😀 then come home and watch my guilty pleasure show "90 day fiancé"

I hope your son gets re-employed or finds another job.

Your day sounds wonderful💐💐

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 - You are right - these are hard times. Our next door neighbor's daughter is graduating high school, as is at least one other girl nearby. I hear they is a "virtual prom" with dancing in the street next Friday night. I don't know how that will take place here, but apparently a lot of celebrities are involved. My closest friend's son is graduating college. They are having a virtual graduation tomorrow.

Both of my children lost their jobs. DS worked for the university he graduated from and had a part-time job at a theater. He has no car, so he walks a lot, and takes public transportation which isn't running now for another reason. DD's whole department closed, from the president on down. Eighty people out of work. She's helping us with a major project, and I'm enjoying having her around, but I know things will eventually get better for her. I'm really proud of her - she is a good person who is reaching out in the ways she can while still protecting us. 

It sounds like your day will be lovely. I plan to curl up in "my" chair and read. Now that I have all of this time to read my own choice of books, and not for work, I've spent my time watching movies and TV instead! 

I will be thinking of you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, Happy Mother's Day. Many more than usual will be alone if they have restrictions on visitations in senior living facilitates.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to all of the strong, hardworking, patient, understanding and unconditionally loving Moms out there! 
❤️💐🎁🐾❤️💐🎁🐾❤️💐🎉🎁🐾❤️💐🎁🐾❤️💐🎁🐾❤️💐🎁🐾

Honored Contributor

I just realized I didn't wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there. Heart