Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, I don't know what I would have done after I finished crying.

Respected Contributor

I can relate. When my daughter was 9 or 10 she decided to use my bristle curling iron on her very long hair. It was of course hopelessly tangled near the scalp. She then tried some self help by adding first raw eggs and then peanut butter to the mess. I got about half of the hair out but had to resort to scissors to get the curling iron free. 

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I can relate. When my daughter was 9 or 10 she decided to use my bristle curling iron on her very long hair. It was of course hopelessly tangled near the scalp. She then tried some self help by adding first raw eggs and then peanut butter to the mess. I got about half of the hair out but had to resort to scissors to get the curling iron free. 

wow! how short did you have to cut her hair?

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

wow! how short did you have to cut her hair?

About a inch from the scalp. It was thankfully just a partial layer of her very thick hair so it could be somewhat hidden, but it took quite a while to look totally normal in that section.