Honored Contributor

Have any of you ordered their trucks for children or grandchildren? Do they make nice gifts for birthdays or holidays?

Honored Contributor

They would make very nice gifts, nicely made, but I only know of adult men collecting them.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I ordered. Very well made. If the kid likes trucks great gift.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful gifts, my late mother in law would buy one every year for my son, we would get them directly at the Hess gas stations. they hold up forever. I also know of adult men who collect them. 

Honored Contributor

My dad collected them, and he ended up selling them for a pretty penny. They were very nice, at least they used to be.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My son has a collection of them from years ago. (He's now 33).  He started collecting them when he was about 8 years old and must have a dozen of them.  I don't know abut now but they were made very well and each year they were different from the previous year...they are nicely boxed too!

Respected Contributor

My grandsons love them. They light up, sirens are loud

boys adore them.

Trusted Contributor

when my mom was still alive years ago, my brother gifted her with a hess truck. i thought it odd, but she loved it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HESS trucks

[ Edited ]

@RetRN  I've ordered them for many years for various grandchildren. They're well made and usually come with a large truck and an additional car/truck/flying somethingorother. My 2 year old granddaughter loves them as much as the boys. If the child likes trucks and tractors that make noise and flash, he or she will love it. Get on the Hess truck website and put yourself on the mailing list to be notified when the new truck comes out for this season. I think it will be sometime in the fall. Right now, they are selling the minis and plush trucks. You'll receive some emails about the minis, but at least you won't miss the new truck.

Respected Contributor

My dad bought my sons one every year for Christmas when they were small.  We saved every one. They are very well made. Not sure how collectible toys are any more but One of my beach neighbors owned a Hess gas station and said they are worth more if you keep the original box. So I threw most of the boxes away before I knew but saved the last three years they received them.