Respected Contributor

Gifts for a 10 year old girl that loves drawing and crafts?

Any new or unique ideas? She has all kinds of markers, pens and paper. She also already makes those bracelets with the small rubber bands.

She is artistic and also likes making things.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Gifts for a 10 year old girl that loves drawing and crafts?

Maybe a local art museum has classes for young artists. Tuition/membership could be a great gift.

Esteemed Contributor

A gift card to a local art store or Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Any of these are perfect, just go with what she likes to do. I gifted one and she loved it! It doesn't look like much, but it's very creative. An adult needs to be around to help.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_toys-and-games?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Artterro&node=165793011

Respected Contributor

Hobby Lobby has a lot of craft kits for kids and Barnes and Noble book store has a lot of art supplies and craft kits also.

Esteemed Contributor

How about a small sewing machine and a gift cards for some supplies? If she likes crafts it may boarded her imagination and creativity.
Valued Contributor

Amazon has American Girl Crafts that are really cute. I got my 10 year old grandaughter the one for making cards (like thank you notes,etc) last year and she sent out the cutest thank you notes to all who gave her gifts for Christmas! I also got her the mirror craft kit and it was adorable when she finished it. They have one that involves a little sewing and one that makes cute little trinket boxes.

Regular Contributor

Oh, do I have the thing for you! Most people have never heard of quilling, but I started three years ago and am absolutely in love with it. I started with the following kit and believe it's appropriate for a 10-year-old, but there are some kits geared specifically toward kids if you do a search on Amazon. I have yet to figure out how to add pictures to my posts, but if you Google "quilling" you'll see how wonderful it is. This year I have a Christmas tree with nothing but quilled snowflakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Quilled-Creations-Beginner-Quilling-Kit/dp/B000Y8Z9RC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Valued Contributor

This sounds so much like a niece that we buy for. She requested a gift card to either JoAnn Fabrics for Hobby Lobby. She loves doing crafts.

Honored Contributor