Valued Contributor

Re: Gift suggestions needed!

My grandson is  7 and he likes jigsaw puzzles. I got him one with Super Mario characters. I'm sure they have sport themes too. I got him the mat that you roll the puzzle up in so he wouldn't have to keep out on the table while working on it.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

I go to the big on line shopping website and type in "gifts for 7 year old boys". You will get lots of ideas and I find it very helpful. Even if you don't buy on line, you can get ideas for shopping in the stores. 

Honored Contributor

Kids are different, it's not like all 7 year old boys are alike.  I'd go with the suggestions his mom gave you.  She knows her kid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Baylie 

If they have a YMCA and your daughter or his dad will invest a little time, taking a martial arts class is a beloved activity for that age.

Our sons loved it.

Valued Contributor

He already takes jui jitsu lessons but that is a great idea for other kids! He really enjoys it! His Mom gave me a few suggestions but certainly didn't mean not to buy anything else. I have checked with her about everything I have bought for him and his sister. 

Honored Contributor

I would go with the suggestions given by his mom and then maybe add a gift card for Target so he could pick out some things himself.