Respected Contributor

Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please?

I appreciate any ideas for my friend's daughter who is getting married anad having a bridal shower. It's been a long time since I have gone to a bridal shower. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please?

Check out the registry for ideas. If all else fails, I never met a 25 year old who didn't like cash and gift cards!

Respected Contributor

I never thought about buying two items from her registry! Thanks! Yes, who doesn't like a gift card!
Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Q2girl said: I never thought about buying two items from her registry! Thanks! Yes, who doesn't like a gift card!

If she has something like wine glasses, you could get those and add a bottle of wine. Or add a quality wine opener, like a rabbit. Our friends had beer glasses on theirs, and for their engagement party we brought them two six packs of microbrews to go with the set of glassware.

Honored Contributor

I just came home from DD's college roommate's shower. It's been a while for me too! They have been living together a while, so I couldn't imagine she'd need anything. Then I saw her registry - at Bed, Bath, and Beyond! I bought three of the items on that. I found out at the shower that they've actually been using mostly hand-me-downs and borrowed things, so she was thrilled to get the items she did. Most people gave kitchen things, a few gave towels and sheets, and one gift was a gift certificate to their honeymoon destination resort. Out of about 60 women there were NO gift cards. Go figure! I know all this because DD sat right beside her and helped her with them.

They do it a lot differently than we did. Her gifts seemed to me more like wedding gifts! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

(Let me know if you have any other questions. I was asking for advice here last night about how to dress!)

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all of you. I'm surprised about the wedding gifts, too. I'm in my 50's and years ago you gave the bride personal things like lingerie or something pampering. I love the idea about the wine glasses and a bottle of wine. She is also a huge Downton Abbey fan and I knowmahe would love the Downton Abbey tea at World Mkt. Maybe with some mugs, if she asks for them on her registry.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I would think registry or gift card. Smile

Honored Contributor

most registries usually have a gift card listed as an option also

I know it's best to stick with things on the registry and not buy things she didn't ask for......learned this through experience.

Honored Contributor

I usually give a gift card from where the bride is registered.

For family and close friends I also give something of mine. Over the years I've accumulated a lot of Waterford, Belleek and Lladros. I give a piece I think will be meaningful to the couple.

Regular Contributor

How about this? ,Purchase a large clear plastic container either for under the bed(look for the one with wheels) or one suitable for storage. If you know she likes to bake and cook get items for that.Dishtowels pot holders, use your imagination. If you know her colors a sofa throw is nice. How about those thin hangers. Just use your imagination