Honored Contributor

Re: GRANDPARENTS MISSING GRANDCHILDREN

It's not only hard on grandparents, but people with elderly parents and other relatives in nursing homes in far away places; aunts and uncles who are old, won't take the shots and you can't risk carrying it to them.  In many cases you can't talk to them or do a zoom session.  They aren't able. 

Any lots of families who for whatever reason can't or won't take the risks it isn't easy.  

But it is what it is and lots of people are in the same boat.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My only daughter and my only graddaughter moved to California last July. I have handled it better than I expected. I only see them about twice a year. My granddaughter is grown however and I think it would affect me much more if she was little. I had her with me every Saturday until she was about 10. She called it gramma day. The love of my life. I can't blame it on the pandemic but I miss them just the same.

My mother was in nursing home for 6 months before passing in July. That killed me. I was angry. she had dementia and couldn't talk on the phone either. I felt like she'd been kidnapped. She was vaccinated. We were vaccinated but they didn't allow visitors. I think that was harder for me to take than her death. 

My heart breaks for anyone who is unable to see their loved ones due to Covid or anything else. Heart

Respected Contributor

I just have to share this. I have a great grand son! We saw him for the first time yesterday. He is beautiful. I held him for about three hours and loved every minute of it. 

Respected Contributor

So happy that the blogs are staying. I didn't realize how much I would miss all of you.

Respected Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

My only daughter and my only graddaughter moved to California last July. I have handled it better than I expected. I only see them about twice a year. My granddaughter is grown however and I think it would affect me much more if she was little. I had her with me every Saturday until she was about 10. She called it gramma day. The love of my life. I can't blame it on the pandemic but I miss them just the same.

My mother was in nursing home for 6 months before passing in July. That killed me. I was angry. she had dementia and couldn't talk on the phone either. I felt like she'd been kidnapped. She was vaccinated. We were vaccinated but they didn't allow visitors. I think that was harder for me to take than her death. 

My heart breaks for anyone who is unable to see their loved ones due to Covid or anything else. Heart

What an awful situation; I feel for you.

Honored Contributor

Thirty five or so years ago, my sister, her husband and three month old baby moved to the other side of the world where husband is from. They came back to visit almost every year and parents also went to them. Baby was their only grandchild for awhile and it was very hard. No FaceTime in those days but everyone persevered.