Respected Contributor

Funny grandma story for a change

I have a 4 yo grandson who is really getting into having a conversation.  His dad drops him off with me on his way to work and his mom picks him  up when she gets off work. Now he knows I "hurt my knee" I actually had a knee replacement  this past September. So while eating lunch today he ask how my knee  was doing so I said it's ok. Then he proceeded to tell me that he fell at home last night and hurt his knee so he went to the Hospital (he calls it Hosiple) and the Doctor fixed his knee. I said oh my ! are you ok? he said yes. So I texted my daughter with his story and asked why they didn't notify me !  She laughed and said he must have driven himself because they knew nothing about it. I just laughed. I enjoy him so much, he perks me up when he comes over especially since I am staying in being over 60. His favorite meal is chicken nuggets and fries. Any happy grandma stories ? Please share, we all need a laugh

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny grandma story for a change

@Goodie2shoes That's adorable!! My grandson is 14 but I think 4 year old boys are just priceless!! So much fun and they loooove their grandmas!

Respected Contributor

Sweet story 😊

Valued Contributor

Last year, when my grandson was 4, I would watch him a few days a week while my daughter worked.  He was some storyteller and my husband and I never knew when to believe him.  He had a vivid imagination (we preferred that rather than saying he lied a lot!).  One day he told us he was in an ambulance the day before and we looked at each other and rolled our eyes.  Later when I told my daughter, she said, Oh that's true.  His preschool had an ambulance come and give a presentation.   They let the kids go in and look at the equipment.   After that day, I would text my daughter if something seemed out of the ordinary before rolling my eyes!

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane  wrote: Last year, when my grandson was 4, I would watch him a few days a week while my daughter worked.  He was some storyteller and my husband and I never knew when to believe him.  He had a vivid imagination (we preferred that rather than saying he lied a lot!).  One day he told us he was in an ambulance the day before and we looked at each other and rolled our eyes.  Later when I told my daughter, she said, Oh that's true.  His preschool had an ambulance come and give a presentation.   They let the kids go in and look at the equipment.   After that day, I would text my daughter if something seemed out of the ordinary before rolling my eyes!

That's  a 4 yo for you, yes a vivid imagination is a good term for it Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane That little guy is a pistol!

Valued Contributor

Love those grands! My youngest grandaughter loves to keep up with the older girls in her life.  She listens to them and her stories just blossom.  She sits there and looks so serious while telling them.

That being said, when my son was 4-5 he had the long standing story that his parents were from Japan. (The little blond haired, blue-eyed fair skin child.)  Not sure where he got it or who we were supposed to be.  Had to warn preschool and kindergarten.  They thanked us for doing so.  

Esteemed Contributor

Precious stories, thank you. I have 4 grandsons, ages 19 months to 14 years. Great kids. So thankful. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

My grandson was over for the day. He was about three and being trained. He went and I said good job. When I went to flush he said no Nana we have to say goodbye to it. Of course we said goodbye.

Honored Contributor

Well as we all know the kids are being schooled at home but I'm my GD best student!

She's at a great age where she loves playing school.  We skype everyday usually as soon as she gets home -- well, times a changed 

now she calls me and "teaches" me what she learned today via Skype teacher classroom...

todays lesson :  The importance of learning how to tell time with a analog clock vs your IPhone...

I knew exactly how to read, set and use a "analog" clock.

Today I got a A+ and then a lesson of the importance of time!

Just cute ....hope tomorrow's lesson isn't "new" math cuz for sure I won't get A+...probably be on the bottom😉

Our grandkids are the silver lining in all the dreadful news.  Thank you @Goodie2shoes  for starting this thread!!!